Author Topic: Things that you hoard the most  (Read 11411 times)

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Things that you hoard the most
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 01:11:46 AM »
Custom pool cues and small firearms - used to have  :\'( :\'( :\'( 23 cues and 14 small firearms -- but, as part of the \"bi-continental lifestyle\" preparation... l picked my two favorites of each  :) and sold the rest  :(

My \"treasure hoard\" is a little skinny now... Beretta 84F; Seecamp 380; two Thomas Wayne cues... but I love it just the same. ;D

Tom in Big D

Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline Alohalani

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »
Alohalani, you and my asawa would get along.  When i married her and we moved in together, i opened a 55 gallon tote and it was full of bags.  I started taking them out and saw they were coach. I have no clue about bags and brands and didn\'t care till i got to bottom of tote and saw a Coach catalog.  I was able to estimate that low end value for the bags was near $8K.  Then she had yet another tote that same size with more Coach, and other big name brand bags(Louis Vaton(sp?), and others).  Then i found her first tote of shoes.  Too much for our closet, so i go to my fathers workshop and build her a shoe rack with 24 feet in length of shoe rack space.  She filled in first night, and i saw she still had more in a tote, so thinking i would take care of the problem for good, i build a 5 level shoe rack with each shelf 8 feet long.(40 feet of shoe storage) and she filled that in one day.  I take the remainder of the loose wood i have and build a third shoe rack to fit in the only open space along the bedroom wall left.(about 12feet shoe rack space).  She fills that in a couple hours.  I ask her what she has left.  She smiled at me, kissed me, said salamat mahal, this is the most storage i ever had for my shoes, now I can display all my summer footwear at once and all my winter footwear at once.  She still had 3 totes full of winter footwear. 

Yes, your wife and I will make good shopping partners.  lol! Thanks for the idea!  I should make my husband turn our spare bedroom into shoe & purse storage  :D I\'m getting so excited just thinking about it...hahaha!  Yes, Coach, Gucci, Louis Vuitton are pricey, but they\'re all so pretty ;D What\'s great about them is that they maintain their value just like a Mercedes car.

I bet she has a hell of a good income/job to support that sort of shoe addiction. I know nothing about shoes, but I\'d guess \'Coach\' is not exactly entry-level footwear.  ;D  ;D

And here was me thinking my wife was an \'addict\', with her dozen pairs of fancy footwear and handbags.  :-[ I shan\'t complain about it ever again.

Funny because my husband used to complain about Coach purses, then I started getting Gucci & Louis Vuitton.  Now, he said he\'ll be more than happy or even ecstatic if I get a Coach purse ;D

They\'d rather spend $100 on a pair of shoes that kill their feet, can\'t be danced in, and only get worn once......  ;D

So true!  The shoes that hurt the most, look the greatest  ;) I look at it this way, SHOES always fit and make your feet look fabulous whether you gain or lose weight, whether you\'re 21 or 65.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 05:30:48 AM »
So true!  The shoes that hurt the most, look the greatest  ;) I look at it this way, SHOES always fit and make your feet look fabulous whether you gain or lose weight, whether you\'re 21 or 65.

Until you peel them off, pour the blood out, and look at the carbuncled, bunion-clad, distorted grotesquery that was once a normal healthy female foot.  :o

Offline Alohalani

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 05:43:06 AM »

Until you peel them off, pour the blood out, and look at the carbuncled, bunion-clad, distorted grotesquery that was once a normal healthy female foot.  :o

That\'s what foot spa, sea-salt lotion are for ;D Besides, that\'s when husbands come into play - foot massage... ;D ;D

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:10 AM »
Besides, that\'s when husbands come into play - foot massage... ;D ;D

Hahaha.   ;D :D :)  King you walked right into that one!   ::)
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 08:49:03 AM »
I look at it this way, SHOES always fit and make your feet look fabulous whether you gain or lose weight, whether you\'re 21 or 65.

Do people look at feet? I am sure most men don\'t  ;) ;D

Colin

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »
Besides, that\'s when husbands come into play - foot massage... ;D ;D

Hahaha.   ;D :D :)  King you walked right into that one!   ::)

Some husbands.  ;)

I don\'t see why shoes can\'t be comfortable.

Can\'t they simply make a fashion where shoes are practical, comfortable and inexpensive?  ???

Offline Alohalani

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
I look at it this way, SHOES always fit and make your feet look fabulous whether you gain or lose weight, whether you\'re 21 or 65.

Do people look at feet? I am sure most men don\'t  ;) ;D

Colin

You\'re right!  Most men don\'t, but most females do  ;)

Offline southern92

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 04:29:59 AM »
As with many things, people are attracted to the opposite sex for a variety of reasons.  For some, looking at a woman with nice shoes is a big plus. (Yes, I\'m guilty)

As for watches, I love my Tag Heuer.  Last time I was in Thailand I bought quite a few of the knockoffs, and while I did like a few, I keep coming back to my Tag.
Jeff

Offline Aloha Don

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
Shopping Math
A man will pay P2000 for a P1000 item he needs.
A woman will pay P1000 for a P2000 item she doesn\'t need
(from the back of my Tagalog-English Dictionary)   :D

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
I\'m a cigar smoker.  Good cigars improve with age.  Some will improve with age up to 15 - 20 years.  The cigars I smoke have to be at least 5 years old.  So I keep a rather large inventory of cigars.

Currently I have about 3400 cigars.

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
Shopping Math
A man will pay P2000 for a P1000 item he needs.
A woman will pay P1000 for a P2000 item she doesn\'t need
(from the back of my Tagalog-English Dictionary)   :D

LOL - my wife loves to go browse around what she calls the \"discount stores.\" (yeah, right)  When I ask her what she is going to get, she tells me she is \"going to see if they have anything she needs.\"  ;D 

That\'s right, she has to go to the store to look for stuff that she doesn\'t know she \"needs\" until she sees it at the store... and since its \"on sale\"... well of course she then has to buy it to save us money.  :o

Tom in Big D
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »
I\'m a cigar smoker.  Good cigars improve with age.  Some will improve with age up to 15 - 20 years.  The cigars I smoke have to be at least 5 years old.  So I keep a rather large inventory of cigars.

OMG - you could let these dry out and build a faux-log \"cigar\" cabin nipa hut.

Tom in Big D
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »

and then you burn them? I can see the logic there.  ;D

Offline couphal

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 01:18:47 AM »
blades for me. knives and \"itaks\" some from different provinces. been wanting to get an authentic M9 bayonet but no luck so far.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog