Author Topic: Things that you hoard the most  (Read 11422 times)

Re: Things that you hoard the most
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 08:01:45 AM »
LOL, Coach is primarily her bags.  Her shoes are all different name brands. Some I\'ve heard of, some I have not.  But all upper class.  I fear going by the shoe store in mall, she can stay in there for hours.  I\'m not kidding.  She does mostly shop in the \"discount\" area.  Which means when she buys a $500 pair of Louis Vouton(sp? i think there\'s an i in there somewhere also) they only cost her $200.  They what is her reasoning for buying them?
\"Honey, I saved us $300.\" Acting like it didn\'t cost us $200 to do it.  
As for the comfort, that is the reason she is in store for hours.  Odd woman will also justify her purchase with a like like \"There was a better pair of shoes, but the didn\'t fit my feet right and would\'ve hurt.  And they only would have saved us $200.\"  Leaving out they would have been $100, not $200.
And to whoever said men do not look at shoes but women do, when in phils, i noticed certain men do look at shoes, mine included.(took me a bit to get over) And just about every woman notices what every other women is wearing even if there are a thousand women walking by her in Mall Of Asia.  Because an hour later I\'ll get the, \"remember the woman wearing the white vested top with red shorts? i like her blue gucci shoes\" and I\'ll just give her they look saying \"don\'t go any further, we pasted  150 women with white tops, and do you think i care what style the tops are, let alone you now expect me to remember what color bottoms they are wearing and the shoes on top?\"

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »
Well i am not a hoarder but my wife is. Funny thing is she hoard my cloths. Buys me all these shirts that i never even wear. I have new shirts sitting there for over two years, with the price tags still on.
Trevor
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
Well i am not a hoarder but my wife is. Funny thing is she hoard my cloths. Buys me all these shirts that i never even wear. I have new shirts sitting there for over two years, with the price tags still on.
Trevor

I have told my wife a hundred times not to buy me shorts or T shirts, as I don\'t need them, don\'t wear the ones she buys, and it is guaranteed the shorts won\'t fit my wide beam.

I threw out loads of clothes when we moved to the PI, anything that I\'d not worn for a year (or ever!) went to charity or the rag bin.

Offline gbrown6usa

• Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
Years ago I had this very conversation with a couple of gentlemen who had been on the carnival their entire lives. One of the men collected clowns and he could tell you all about all of his dolls/figuerines.  Over the years they had gone up and down in value depending on demand.  It was interesting the listen to Don tell about his hobby.

After Don was finished talking I looked over at Harry, Harry gave me a little smile and very quietly said \"I collect $100 dollar bills, I always know exactly what they are worth and I have never lost a penny on my collection\".  Made sense to me so I started doing the same.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
If RUFUS had done that, he would have never run out of his Red Horse! :ohmy:
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline shortman

• Sr Member
  • This account is now being used by his widow
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
Ball point pens and pencils....lol.
Effective November 2014 this account is now being used by Lar, Shortman's widow.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 02:27:08 AM »
Quote from: \"Art2ro\" post=46992
If RUFUS had done that, he would have never run out of his Red Horse! :ohmy:

:lol: LOL  :lol:
A lack of C-notes is not my problem...
A lack of supply is  :(
They do not distribute RedHorse here in Orygun
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Metz

• Sr Member
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Quote from: \"gbrown6usa\" post=46983
Years ago I had this very conversation with a couple of gentlemen who had been on the carnival their entire lives. One of the men collected clowns and he could tell you all about all of his dolls/figuerines.  Over the years they had gone up and down in value depending on demand.  It was interesting the listen to Don tell about his hobby.

After Don was finished talking I looked over at Harry, Harry gave me a little smile and very quietly said \"I collect $100 dollar bills, I always know exactly what they are worth and I have never lost a penny on my collection\".  Made sense to me so I started doing the same.

I used to collect dollars but I lose a lot of value cause the government inflation and money printing.  My peso collection is pretty big however.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog