Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao Boxing, who is going to watch it?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
After Saturday, either Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Manny Pacquiao will be the welterweight champion of the world -- but both opponents in the boxing mega-match will be millions and millions of dollars richer, win or lose.

Mayweather may earn $180 million or more while Pacquiaoís side will likely earn about $120 million, the Associated Press estimated.

Even the Cheapest Mayweather-Pacquiao Tickets Will Cost $5,000
Money the Big Thing as Mayweather, Pacquiao Ready for Fight
The official weigh-in will take place on Friday night in Las Vegas before fight night begins on Saturday at 9 p.m. ET at the MGM Grand.

Mayweather, the highest-paid athlete in the world, according to Forbes, grew up in a boxing family.

MORE http://tinyurl.com/omk3ddf

So who are you betting on? and are you going to watch it and if so how?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
On AT&T's internet/60" LED TV Wifi pay per view HD for $100 here in San Jose, California.
Yeah, we're still here on vacation, no way will we miss this big event!
Pacquiao all the way win or lose.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Tina's high school class is having the "batchmates" reunion.  Most of that class are workers in the professional fields.  So, they set up a 4 day celebration reunion with the main feature being the renting of the 5 "lodges" at the "White Beach" with big screens up in each and a dish receiver attached to each and hosting the watch party.  Lechon and foods included.

Told Tina it sounds much more fun than what we had planned at home.  So that's our plan.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
Friends, cousins, brothers, sisters, and provincial neighbors will all be crammed into our bedroom to watch the event.  Not quite sure where they are all going to stand or sit, but my butt is gonna be on my spot on the bed :).....  They are wrapping the lumpia as I type.  Looking forward to tomorrow..... GO PACQUIAO, hope he kicks the sh#$% out of Mayweather!

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
Friends, cousins, brothers, sisters, and provincial neighbors will all be crammed into our bedroom to watch the event.  Not quite sure where they are all going to stand or sit, but my butt is gonna be on my spot on the bed :).....  They are wrapping the lumpia as I type.  Looking forward to tomorrow..... GO PACQUIAO, hope he kicks the sh#$% out of Mayweather!

Is that because that's where the aircon is?  lol

Will do my best not to hear the outcome and download it after.  Wife is actually interested.  Neither of us follow boxing but will watch this.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member

Is that because that's where the aircon is?  lol

Will do my best not to hear the outcome and download it after.  Wife is actually interested.  Neither of us follow boxing but will watch this.

HAHAHAHAHA Absolutely..... also, the TV in the bedroom will have it in HD, so it was an easy choice.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
I'll stream it live on Crickfree.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Mayweather is a wife-beater. Here is a police statement of his 10 year old son which has gone viral.

http://tiny.cc/x67nxx

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Yeah Iím watching, itís 4:30 now so less than 2 hr now. Iím also recording it, so when Pacquiao knocks out Floyd :D Iíll be able to watch it over again.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Mayweather Go! Hopefully a swift and brutal win and hopefully no more annoying Pacman singing commercials and his (twin) mother in the limelight, it's only a dream though.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao Boxing, who is going to watch it?
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 01:01:17 PM »
Yep - it was a class act. No doubt in the decision.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
Now that Manny lost by decision that will lead up to a rematch, it is all about money. I predicted either a draw or decision, with either leading to a rematch for millions more.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
I will not pay for a pay per view of anything ever again!
The Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was the worse
disappointing big event of all time!
Both fighters should hangup their gloves! 
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
I will not pay for a pay per view of anything ever again!
The Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was the worse
disappointing big event of all time!
Both fighters should hangup their gloves!
You can't dump the blame on Pacman.  Those judges just gave boxing another black eye.  Pacman lost per the judges but he proved that he will always be a champion and Mayweather proved that he will never be anything but a putz.  Just happens to be a rich putz.
Whatever floats your boat.

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
Manny's tactics was lack luster, his low percentage of punches proved it! Every time he got close and started to throw flurries of punches, he would back off and would have to chase Mayweather around the ring to get another chance, but it was then few and far in between, because Mayweather didn't give him too many chances to get close, which was Mayweather's usual tactic from not getting hit and the crowd even booed him for his tactics after the fight ended. It was an easy pay day for both fighters and didn't show any wear and tear from the looks of their faces, just tired from running around the circus rink they were in for twelve rounds.
Rematch? I don't want to pay $100 again, just to see two over rated boxing clowns running around in a circus rink. :-\ ::)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:49:09 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog