Author Topic: Short Term Rental in Davao  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
Short Term Rental in Davao
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:44:42 PM »
We do have family in Davao but sadly they're finding it difficult to help us in our short term relocation needs.

We have plenty of offers to stay with them (and will do so for a few nights now and then) but we would both prefer to be a little bit independent initially.

Ideally we'd like to find a short-term rental property in Davao. Just not sure how feasible this will be.
By short-term I mean around 3 months for a furnished property just 1-2 bedrooms.
Is this something that's possible?

We are currently in UK.
Anyone here have any suggestions how best to approach this ? or better still any suggestions/recommendations?
I'd like to stay in the background when looking around and entering into a tenancy so will rely on my wife to fix it up.
It's been a long time since she actually lived in Philippines and I know she's feeling unsure about how things work these days.

All ideas comments and suggestions will be very welcome.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Short Term Rental in Davao
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
I would recommend that you stay with your friends and have a taxi or a friend drive you around the city to find something that suits you since online prices are usually higher but if you wish to check some out ahead of time, look at http://www.olx.ph/ and then put in where in Davao you seek. I typed in Davao and the below is what it showed.
http://www.olx.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/furnished+apartment+davao

I will list some more online sites in a little while to also search on.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »
Thank you so much Lee for taking time to post some links.
I'll check out now.....I do agree that being there and looking around is the best way and that's what we plan to do.
It's just that I like to think ahead and have some ideas to give me some comfort  :)

Thanks again for your support.

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:57 AM »
Just to provide feedback to Lee.
We followed up on those links you posted and able to report some great contacts already made.

There were literally thousands of suitable properties ranging from condo's to bungalows to 3 story houses.

We both feel very comfortable now. My wife has established a very nice relationship with one agent.

Glad I asked the question and glad for the outcome.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 01:27:14 AM »
I am very happy I could be of some help to you.  Please keep us informed how things work out.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog