Author Topic: Hand Carry Cash:  (Read 8871 times)

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
Re: Hand Carry Cash:
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
While in the US, I had a technical problem signing up for PNB on-line banking. I had an account with them but could not get a pin and log into the system.† After many many attempts, I had informed their techs and they could not figure out the problem either.† Then a flash of light when off... I was using my yahoo tool bar and I was a us account IP. I went to hotmail.com and set up another account as msn/hotmail.com.ph (Philippine based account.) When on line to register and get a pin from PNB system... immediate recognition and pin assigned.

Try setting up another yahoo or hotmail account with a US homepage.† Then use your tool bar to go to Xoom and try to transfer money that way. I still do.

Hope it works for you.

I changed all accounts to BDO because they do not charge for automatic monthly deposits from the VA or Social Security. and they are open on Saturdays (what a novelty here).† I have a 50,000 php limit because I did not ask for a larger amount, but I do not have to use 10,000. limit... any whole number from 100 to 50,000. at a time.
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

Offline cefox01

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
opps
For failure to declare cash, FilAm gets probation, money to buy condominium in RP forfeited

http://philippinenews.com/article.php?id=10156

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
opps
For failure to declare cash, FilAm gets probation, money to buy condominium in RP forfeited

Before boarding, DeSario and her husband, Ronell David DeSario, were interviewed by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers, who requested the couple to complete US Customs Form 4790 that requires that transfer of US$10,000 from the US to another country be reported.

We\'ve never been interviewed nor had to turn in this Form when leaving the USA. Wonder what tipped off the USA Customs Officers???

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
opps

Before boarding, DeSario and her husband, Ronell David DeSario, were interviewed by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers, who requested the couple to complete US Customs Form 4790 that requires that transfer of US$10,000 from the US to another country be reported.

We\'ve never been interviewed nor had to turn in this Form when leaving the USA. Wonder what tipped off the USA Customs Officers???

Billy

I\'ve been asked several times entering the USA, but there is nothing on the way out, no immigration, no paperwork, nothing on the airline check-in pages, so maybe it is one of these things that you are expected to clairvoyantly know about?

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
opps

Billy

I\'ve been asked several times entering the USA, but there is nothing on the way out, no immigration, no paperwork, nothing on the airline check-in pages, so maybe it is one of these things that you are expected to clairvoyantly know about?

I think they knew. Why else would they try to hide it in several places? Maybe they were more afraid of the Philippine Customs than the USA Customs.

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 07:36:53 AM »
I think they knew. Why else would they try to hide it in several places? Maybe they were more afraid of the Philippine Customs than the USA Customs.

Billy

Billy, I agree that they knew... but its because I cannot imagine that anyone intending to carry tens of thousands of dollars in cash out of the US and into a foreign country would fail to seek out information on the legality and/or regulation of such action before doing so... Hell, I even check to see what size my bags can be and how many ounces of liquid I can carry.

But --- notwithstanding this --- when asawa and I travel, even domestically, carrying just a few thousand in cash, I split it into multiple locations (money belt, wallet, belt compartment, carry on, wife\'s purse, etc.).† Maybe this is stupid, but it just seems to give some protection against total loss from robbery, losing wallet, etc....

Maybe its just me... but if I was going into the PH with $50k cash... I\'d have some in the places above... and some under my hat, in my shoe and up my butt.† ;D

Tom in Big D
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
But --- notwithstanding this --- when asawa and I travel, even domestically, carrying just a few thousand in cash, I split it into multiple locations (money belt, wallet, belt compartment, carry on, wife\'s purse, etc.).† Maybe this is stupid, but it just seems to give some protection against total loss from robbery, losing wallet, etc....
I do the same with my coin.... yes, singular - as I only carry one... cutting it is sometimes the zinger !

Maybe its just me... but if I was going into the PH with $50k cash... I\'d have some in the places above... and some under my hat, in my shoe and up my butt.† ;D

Tom in Big D

Im sorry but that guy was kinda stooooopid !

If he had opened a wells fargo USA account he could send up to $30k USD each time to his BPI (and now BDO) accounts in philippines for around $5 dollars !

OK.. i take it back.. im NOT sorry to say that....† idgets !

I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline cefox01

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »
i agree they knew what they were doing just if they had declared it all would have been alright.