Author Topic: Hi,its henry.....do I have enough money??  (Read 18173 times)

Re: Hi,its henry.....do I have enough money??
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
If I were you or anyone else for that matter, convert your pounds or americans your $\'s into php pronto. $ users! have you noticed the $ slide? ....
Yes, yes, it is forecast to be 39 or less by Xmas.......

Oh, that has been and gone, and it was 43 to the buck.

Oh well, they can\'t guess right every time.  :D

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »
If I were you or anyone else for that matter, convert your pounds or americans your $\'s into php pronto. $ users! have you noticed the $ slide? ....
Yes, yes, it is forecast to be 39 or less by Xmas.......

Oh, that has been and gone, and it was 43 to the buck.

Oh well, they can\'t guess right every time.  :D
Like someone already said, if anyone could predict how the Forex would go, we would have many millionaires here. God Bless.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »
And yesterday I just changed $5000 at 44.20. Oh woe is me, how terrible this dollar is getting......  ;D

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
Well King, when do you figure the Dollar will regain it\'s former glory?

In the Philippines in 04 I got 57.9 on the exchange. When in 05 I thought at 48.38 was going to be the best ever, and rightly so over these years, I dumped, well add a \"0\" to your figure below and told my wife, if I\'m wrong, we will just have to bit the $#%$&$*% bullet on that!

Just today following a link I didn\'t keep ............. since 1948 the U.S. dollar exchange against a basket of other currencies was reported UNTIL 1999 when the rate of exchange for that same bucket of currencies was changed to the EU Currency............not the U.S. Dollar!

I\'m finding that the EU Currency is more valued in parts of the Far East and elsewhere in Asia then the U.S. Dollar these days.

I haven\'t followed how things are in the South Americas in regards to the Dollar????

Personally, I feel the Dollar has LOST FACE around the World as to value!

It seems to me, that America is battling to stay on the top of the heap and soon to be knocked down another peg!!

I\'ve said for years, if a Country wants a bloodless war, mess with a Countries currency and WIN!!!

Are we in a bloodless war NOW against the Dollar???????????? 
B-Ray

And yesterday I just changed $5000 at 44.20. Oh woe is me, how terrible this dollar is getting......  ;D

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »

Oh woe is me. Look at how terrible the Oz dollar is getting..... ::) ::)

Sorry mate, couldn\'t resist.

Graham.

P.S. new bushes fitted, up and running, 

Offline Muleshoe

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 04:52:33 AM »
Henry, i think the $45K is enough if you have the dicipline to stick to a budget.  Still I think waiting for the pension is a good idea and keep the 45K for the unknown.  I can assure you that the unknown is out there and waiting until you least expect it.  Good luck.

Offline santos91

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »
  I came in 2007 and bought a house and was paying for my daughters nursing school in which she just passed her exam (thanks god).
Since I no longer have educational expense and we own are own home our budget has dropped to around $13,600 a year or around $1,133 a month.  I still pay around 24,000 pesos for taxes, termite treatment etc. per year. Probably if you were renting you would need
to add on 7,000 pesos minimum or around $175 a month. I think you could live comfortably on $1300 /month but you have currency fluctuations plus inflation to worry about. You also have start up cost which means alot of trips to immigrations offices at the beginning plus household goods.
  Currency exchange 2008 47.42
                             2009 46
                             2010 43.74
                             2011 42.1

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog