Author Topic: moving to leyte  (Read 1577 times)

Offline balf

moving to leyte
« on: December 15, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »
 hi just need help my wife and i are pondering on moving to biliran from australia to finish our house we are in the
 prosess of building.I have been to the philippines with her several times and have fallen in love with the country
 and culture.My wife and child lived there for six months previously whilst building the house which is very large the
 reason being i need this for my own privacy downstairs for the relos and upstairs for me.Im thirty seven and being a
 young family i feel this is the time to move here for a few years for a change from our current lifestyls in aus.We are
 not moving here for buisness purposes just realy to be part of the culture and to live a simple life such as traveling a
 bit by buying a 4wd and also a banca.There are a couple of aussies in caibiran which helps for communicating with etc.
 Just need some info on living in this provence lifestyle ie expences schooling for my seven year old and safety concerns.
 Much appreciated thanks.

Offline renocouple

Re: moving to leyte
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 04:53:32 PM »
Hi there,

Im from Biliran, specifically Naval, the main town.† Where in Biliran are you going to move?† Naval is fairly safe, i dont know about other towns, but so far the whole province has low insurgency rate compared to other provinces... We are going to visit the family also this June to buy a property for our retirement in few years, we want to live close to Naval, because its the center of everything!† It has good schools, decent supermarket, and very accessible from Cebu, Ormoc or Tacloban City.†

4WD is a good idea esp if you love the outdoors, and i\'ve heard that most mainroads there are now paved, so that\'s good news!† Boat is perfect esp for island hopping, too bad we cant bring our boat over, its so expensive to import stuff from here...

Im just new here, so im happy that there are people interested in Biliran, its my hometown... Hope this helps!

Pau

Hubby\'s favorite!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog