Author Topic: Fiancee Visa  (Read 4394 times)

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Fiancee Visa
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

You can read about their appointments and how they work. It looks like the appointments are out about 3 months.

FWIW, I would be signed up with the Credit Agencies to get notices about any unusual activities. You\'ve sent enough information about yourself in the mail where anyone could steal your identity.

Yes, I worry some...

Billy
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »
good news if anyone is listening. all things are good we have one month before the interview and i got a flight for her for the same day she leaves manila at eight am and gets to st. louis at five pm the same day. and for half the price i was going to go to L.A to meet her and all that sht but I found  flight that will get her here soon. Still need the visa but the people I have been doing business with tells me she has a 100% chance of getting a visa all is good just time a waiting. Still pondering the thought of after five years here or six move to Philippines. For better cost of living. I am a 100% disabled veteran mainly mental problems but if i could live there with half the cost of here i would benefit. I don\'t know if Murf is reading this but i worry that my medicine is not availiable there. Its good that they have a veterans outpatient clinic in the philippines but not to sure on how it works and my wife has champva here in the US but if i move there that dont mean sht so I don\'t mind paying for healthcare in philippines should be cheap but  want good care . I am just babaling

Offline xiarylle

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 09:26:41 AM »
quick question, when is her interview? and you got a flight for that same day? what time is her interview. I sure hope the flight day is not the same as the interview day. the lines are LONG in the embassy. 

like Murf, I was also an exception...not that we knew someone in the embassy  but because it only took 4 months from the time my husband filed it in the US to when i got the visa.  not bad, eh? ^_^

best of luck to you!

xiarylle

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »
good news if anyone is listening. all things are good we have one month before the interview and i got a flight for her for the same day she leaves manila at eight am and gets to st. louis at five pm the same day. and for half the price i was going to go to L.A to meet her and all that sht but I found  flight that will get her here soon. Still need the visa but the people I have been doing business with tells me she has a 100% chance of getting a visa all is good just time a waiting. Still pondering the thought of after five years here or six move to Philippines. For better cost of living. I am a 100% disabled veteran mainly mental problems but if i could live there with half the cost of here i would benefit. I don\'t know if Murf is reading this but i worry that my medicine is not available there. Its good that they have a veterans outpatient clinic in the philippines but not to sure on how it works and my wife has champs here in the US but if i move there that dint mean sht so I don\'t mind paying for healthcare in philippines should be cheap but  want good care . I am just babaling

tcmass68

Murf is not only listening but might have some useful information. Most of my health issue are all a direct  correlation to \"Nam\", the lungs are down to 10% due to agent orange destroying the other 90%. Your were mistaken when you said CHAMPVA didn\'t mean \"squat\" here in the RP, up until February when politicians cut funding to the Philippines, my wife had full benefits under the clinic guideline. Now that is only after I made someone enroll her for she was already enrolled in a VA clinic in the USA. and I worked there for years, so as with any government agency there are many programs you simply have to insist that they live up to for they won\'t tell you about them if you don\'t. Now my wife is cut from the services and that is a shame, but a fact of life here, many in the USA are losing a lot more than I.

As far as your medications, I won\'t bore you will the details but I take over 28 pills a day, and there was only one of those that they could not supply for it was a schedule 1 drug, but they replaced it.   I think my overall care by them is very compassionate and caring.

If you live in the Metro Manila area you have to go every month a get your med, i live too far away so they ship me via overnight air 21 6 months supply at a time.

The first visit to the clinic you will probably meet with your PCP (primary care Physician), make sure she lists that you need \"aid and assistance\" for that way you will be reimbursed for both yours and your wife\'s hotel 2 days of meals , so keep every receipt you get. It is not the practice of all here in the RP to tip their waitress, but for me i find out that the nicer you are to the locals the more things you can ask of them which will help you down the road, like all my drinks, she puts them not separable but as part of my meal.
the check will come 20- 30 days to get into your bank through direct deposit and they will be issued by the State Department, so don\'t think they have scewed up your VA pension, for it won\'t say VA on the receipt.

The other person to get to know, get her phone extension and be as gracious and friendly as you can (should not be a problem for you!) for when you run into a problem just call her or him and they will fix up everything.I \'ve been here on and off now for 5 years and never have missed one medication yet.

Oh yeah make sure you keep all your receipts for the plane, hotel and food, you will need these to get reimbursed.  Not a perfect system but one that does have its merits and saves me a lot of money .

Good luck with everything for the both of you, You ever find yourself being mistreated by the VA just write me off forum in a PM, I will look into for you and do all i can to get it rectified.

The Murf

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 12:45:00 AM »
It\'s a big step moving to the RP but when the time is right it seems like it would be a good thing.
As far as her flight out I have not scheduled anything yet I just found a flight that is pretty much an everyday flight for the same price each time. Her interview has not been scheduled. It has almost been a month since the NVC sent the paperwork in to the Embassy. My Support paperwork is with the immigration company she will go for a day long seminar with the immigration company then for her physical and interview. I did looked at the website someone put on here to look up interview times but not on the list as of yet. Supposedly from what I understand she will get a package send in some forms then get another notice to go for her exam and interview. Than wasn\'t what I wanted to hear that interviews are three months out everything was going so smoothly and was hoping she would be here by July 1st. Still time you never know. I will let you know when she gets here. Tom

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog