Author Topic: Finally getting settled  (Read 2147 times)

Offline beeg53

• Sr Member
Finally getting settled
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »
We\'re finally sorting things out here in Tabonuk. Living in a brand new apartment with a great landlord who is very well known around Talisay. That therefore equates to there being very little chance of some one invading or stealing from this property. The owner, Ricky, will make any adjustments to the apartment that we request. For some reason he thinks the sun shines out of the nether regions of my other half. I knew there was a reason I liked her.
About 5 min drive from Gaisano Mall, however my 5\'2\" bodyguard is loathe to let me loose by myself so that restricts my movements somewhat.
She has relatives in Bohol (surprise!) and we are going to go over for a few days to take a look with a view to buying land/house and getting her started with a business. Any advice from people living in Bohol would be appreciated.
Been looking on the net to try and research a holiday to Boracay but the local travel/airline sites are a bit confusing and frustrating. Anybody recommend a travel site I can use?
We had 5 boxes turn up from Macau on the same day. What a shitfight. Took more than a week to pack s*** away. Still dont have room for all the stuff. Why are apartments in the Phillipines so small?
Let me know any suggestions guys.
Cheers
Brian

Offline friendlysaint

• Sr Member
Re: Finally getting settled
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »
Brian

If i\'m not wrong Cebu Pacific flies to Caticlan but u have to take it from manila n then a ferry to Boracay. There\'s no airport in Boracay. Check the map on Visayas u will see what i mean. U can try \"Wow Philippines\" site for more info on Boracay.

I\'m living in Iloilo, it takes me a few hours to reach there.

If u are very adventurous, u could try the island crossing by ferry from Bohol to get to Boracay.

Andy
Singapore Iloilo Express
Western Visayas

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
Brian

If i\'m not wrong Cebu Pacific flies to Caticlan but u have to take it from manila n then a ferry to Boracay. There\'s no airport in Boracay. Check the map on Visayas u will see what i mean. U can try \"Wow Philippines\" site for more info on Boracay.

I\'m living in Iloilo, it takes me a few hours to reach there.

If u are very adventurous, u could try the island crossing by ferry from Bohol to get to Boracay.

Andy
I believe they also have flights to Caticlan from Cebu Mactan as well. At least I saw it from the PAL & SeAir desk 2 weeks ago. God Bless...
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:44:44 AM »
Last I heard Caticlan airport is closed (temporarily) for upgrading fly to Kalibo...................search \"Boracay\" we\'ve posted about this before

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »
Why are apartments in the Phillipines so small?
Brian

Because they\'re not built for people over 5\'6\" and more than 125 lbs.   ;D ;D  That\'s why I\'m going to build my own house.  I want, no, must have, rooms that are large enough for my furniture and my big butt at the same time with room to spare.  I hate restrictive, cramped rooms.   
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:19 AM »
Also, the apartments are usually small because less expensive units would have a larger target area of renters. The more something costs to make, the higher the rents have to be and the less people would be able to afford them. Smaller cost less to make.  Many hard working Filipinos work most of their time and spend little time in their apartments except maybe to sleep, therefore no need for a big place.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog