Author Topic: Annual Report  (Read 1651 times)

Annual Report
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
I just read this and are somewhat confused...no comments please..ha ha

But does this include me?  I\'m on a tourist visa.  I read the whole article on the BI site but still its not clear to me.

BI reminds foreigners to make ANNUAL REPORT 
31 December 2008

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded yesterday all resident foreign nationals in the country that they have only until this March 1, 2009 to report in person to the bureau their presence in the country, lest they face deportation for being improperly documented aliens.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Annual Report
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
I just read this and are somewhat confused...no comments please..ha ha

But does this include me?  I\'m on a tourist visa.  I read the whole article on the BI site but still its not clear to me.

BI reminds foreigners to make ANNUAL REPORT 
31 December 2008

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded yesterday all resident foreign nationals in the country that they have only until this March 1, 2009 to report in person to the bureau their presence in the country, lest they face deportation for being improperly documented aliens.

No Mark because of the following line. It is for people with 13a or retirement visas.

The bureau started accepting the filing of annual report of all foreigners, except those who are on temporary stay, as mandated by the Philippine Immigration Act of 1950 which requires foreigners to report to the BI within the first 60 days of every calendar year.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100104-245463/BI-tells-foreign-nationals-to-file-report
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »
I cant wait for this to be all completed online...

Enter your ID number.. pay with a LOCAL credit card in YOUR NAME - and complete !

even a $20 surcharge added to the $6 yearly fee to protect the jobs of BI employees would be worth it !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:22:38 AM »
  I live in Tacloban, Leyte and I went the 13th for my yearly registration and it took 7 minutes by my watch.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
  I live in Tacloban, Leyte and I went the 13th for my yearly registration and it took 7 minutes by my watch.

I agree - it was not much waiting at all.. under 1 hr for me... but .. maybe 2 hrs to drive there and then the 2 hrs to get back...

Thats 4 hrs I could have spent playing scrabble !  ;D
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog