Author Topic: Bonifacio Global City - in Taguig ($$$, no chickens and no squatters)  (Read 5980 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Bonifacio Global City - in Taguig ($$$, no chickens and no squatters)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
Why would anyone move halfway around the world only to end up in the same kinda place they left?
If it is only the warm the retiree seeks, that is why they invented Florida or Arizona.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 09:52:52 AM »
Why would anyone move halfway around the world only to end up in the same kinda place they left?
If it is only the warm the retiree seeks, that is why they invented Florida or Arizona.

Funny... I LEFT Arizona when I \'retired\'   ;D

Pretty much the only thing I miss is FILIBERTOS MEXICAN FOOD

(or ANY fast food joint ending in the word ..BERTOS) - AKA Jollibee of the SouthWest !

OMG... 3 rolled tacos with REAL cheddar and shredded lettuce and that salsa that MUST have some type of addictive quality !
I tried a few Mexican places here - one even had SHREDDED CABBAGE on teh tacos !!! OMG... Its .. NOT.... teh same ! hahah

Needless to say - I havent seen anything close to a burrito/taco in years...

Now I know how they feel when we give them our version of ther food....

COMMING UP NEXT !!! GLOBAL CITIES FIRST \'authentic\' Mexican Food.... DYLLIBERTOS !!!!  ;D
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
MMM...Makes me hungry for some REAL street tacos...
Alas, ain\'t none in this here part of Oregon  :\'( :\'( :\'(
Havta settle for Taco Time  :(
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 11:02:07 AM »
I got two TexMex joints where I get good tacos just on Panglao........One just off Alona Beach(P80 a throw), one on Middle Road halfway to Tagbilaran (P50)

Worst place for TexMex wannabe food is UK ......none of the quality, all of the price and then some......even the Swiss do better TexMex food waaaay better

cabbage is pretty bad tho hehehe

Best tacos I ever had were in La Paz, well little fishing village near there, soft tortillas with spicey tuna (and wahoo) instead of beef.....NO CHEESE

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »

I\'d be hard pressed to say that Bonifacio Global City is the same kinda place I left.  In fact, I reckon it isn\'t the same kinda place as anywhere in Florida or Arizona or anywhere in the U.S. for that matter.  It still retains a uniquely filipino feel to it.  But you would have to actually go there and spend a little time before you could tell.   ::) :P

Riceman

Offline Metz

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:28 AM »
Global city used to be affordable along with the Fort back in 2005.  Starting prices back then for both was about 3.5 million pesos.  (56 to one exchange rate)  Since, my 3.9m house has gone up to 4.5m and the exchange rate has gone to 42 to one.  Still houses are hard to sell here cause so many new homes on the market from the developers.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog