Author Topic: Here\'s an odd \'onward ticket\' situation.  (Read 6336 times)

Offline southern92

• Sr Member
Re: Here\'s an odd \'onward ticket\' situation.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 12:51:27 AM »
I\'ve flown into the PI a hundred times, but never been asked for an onward ticket at the starting airport....

Well, good luck with that......

Riceman

For me its about 50% of the time...  and of course ONE of those times I didnt have an onward ticket... so I purchased a FULLY REFUNDABLE full price ticket to japan.. AT THE GATE - for $300 n my card. . . well.. They didnt offer me a choice... it was get a ticket or dont board.

So are you trying to say you could get your all of your money back for a 100% refundable ticket if you were to decide you did not want to use it!?!  ;D ;D ;D
Jeff

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 01:53:13 AM »
I\'ve flown into the PI a hundred times, but never been asked for an onward ticket at the starting airport....

Well, good luck with that......

Riceman

For me its about 50% of the time...  and of course ONE of those times I didnt have an onward ticket... so I purchased a FULLY REFUNDABLE full price ticket to japan.. AT THE GATE - for $300 n my card. . . well.. They didnt offer me a choice... it was get a ticket or dont board.

So are you trying to say you could get your all of your money back for a 100% refundable ticket if you were to decide you did not want to use it!?!  ;D ;D ;D

Yup ! Its MAX price - but just make sure its FULLY REFUNDABLE with NO PENALTY
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline ricemannv

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
I was asked twice in San Francisco and four times in Hong Kong, but had an ACR so no problem.

Riceman

Offline CanoNoMo

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 02:41:46 AM »
maybe Im too frugal, I have only made the trip once and I had roundtrip tickets, thing is my roundtrip cost $900 bucks from orlando to MNL , I have never found a oneway ticket that was cheaper than oneway by more than $100, what \"throw away\" can you get less than that?
Maybe flying from the west coast USA or a different country there is a more substancial price difference, I will check carefully ,my next trip will be for 1 year minimum, I will have a roundtrip ticket that will expire with my 21 day visa, I wont give it a second thought.
For what its worth, I was never asked for a onward ticket
Ain\'t Life a Beach!

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:19 AM »
CanoNoMo, throwaway tickets can be purchased for $50, sometimes much less.  Check Tiger Airways or Air Asia for flights from Clark to Singapore or Kota Kinabalu.

http://www.tigerairways.com/

http://www.airasia.com/

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »
I used to buy \"fully refundable\" tickets for throwaway....

After I land I log into my airlines website and CANCEL the throwaway ticket...

100% of the money was put back on my credit card.

Total price of my throwaway tickets $0 ZERO

FREE !!!
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline imtheredrum

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
maybe Im too frugal, I have only made the trip once and I had roundtrip tickets, thing is my roundtrip cost $900 bucks from orlando to MNL , I have never found a oneway ticket that was cheaper than oneway by more than $100, what \"throw away\" can you get less than that?
Maybe flying from the west coast USA or a different country there is a more substancial price difference, I will check carefully ,my next trip will be for 1 year minimum, I will have a roundtrip ticket that will expire with my 21 day visa, I wont give it a second thought.

Yes a 45 dollar throw away from Clark (CRK) to Kota Kinabu (BKI) Malaysia via air asia... http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.html 1,917 PESOS  At 44.5 to 1 that would be about 43 dollars... just make the ticket far enough out that you can either cancel via the internet or physically do it once you arrive here... cost would be $0 and the outlay is only be about $43 dollars
..                                \ \ \ | / / /
..                                  ( @ @~)
Jeff & Ritz  -----o00o-(. .)-o00o-----

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »
I used to buy \"fully refundable\" tickets for throwaway....

After I land I log into my airlines website and CANCEL the throwaway ticket...

100% of the money was put back on my credit card.

Total price of my throwaway tickets $0 ZERO

FREE !!!

I\'ve just discovered our company buys \'throwaway\' tickets for a lot of our employees who travel for work. They just book the ticket, then cancel it after the employee arrives wherever they are going. Nigerians all need them for entering the USA.

I shall simply ask them to do it for me entering the PI, if I can\'t sort the 13A visa in time.

However, the embassy has assured my wife it is a fairly straightforward process in London and can be done inside a week if all goes well.  ;D

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »
Someone correct me if I\'m wrong but aren\'t the exits fees for permanent residents (e.g. 13a visa holders) higher than for tourist visa holders?  If the OP is going to be going in and out every 5 weeks ...

Oops.  Nevermind.  On a tourist visa an extension would be required after 21 days at approximately Php 3000.  So even with the higher exit fees a 13a visa would be better.

Offline gb120206

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »

Yes a 45 dollar throw away from Clark (CRK) to Kota Kinabu (BKI) Malaysia via air asia... http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.html 1,917 PESOS  At 44.5 to 1 that would be about 43 dollars... just make the ticket far enough out that you can either cancel via the internet or physically do it once you arrive here... cost would be $0 and the outlay is only be about $43 dollars

It looks like Air Asia have a \'no refund\' policy.
This is from their terms and conditions  -

Booking of Seats
Confirmation of Booking: The booking of a Seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is made and after we issue you a booking number and/or the Itinerary. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be cancelled and payments made are not refundable.

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
Someone correct me if I\'m wrong but aren\'t the exits fees for permanent residents (e.g. 13a visa holders) higher than for tourist visa holders?  If the OP is going to be going in and out every 5 weeks ...

Oops.  Nevermind.  On a tourist visa an extension would be required after 21 days at approximately Php 3000.  So even with the higher exit fees a 13a visa would be better.
It\'s not the cost that worries me, but handing over my passport to some \'official\', and having to go back later to collect it and hope it hasn\'t been given to the wrong person, lost, stolen, sold, cancelled, swapped, eaten by a dog etc.

Plus the inconvenience taking a day out to run around doing whatever needs to be done.

Plus having to remember to do it and work around any plans we may have.

When we lived in AC before there was a small office we could go to, but I\'ve heard it has since closed and there is not one in the area.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog