Author Topic: 23 y/o looking to emigrate  (Read 13292 times)

Re: 23 y/o looking to emigrate
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
Hey King, thanks for the reply †;D

Ah yeah that\'d make sense about the praying for a safe landing thing - I was relieved to be getting my feet on the ground again as well! I travelled w/ KLM for both flights, could be a bit off in my travel time estimate, for some reason I seem to have it in my head that UK - Amsterdam took approx. 2 hours then Amsterdam - Phils took 8 †??? already feels like a lifetime ago, so I might have it mixed up! And unfortunately - the taxi driver doesn\'t make an appearance again :( never did find the time to take her up on the offer lol.

I\'m booked to fly Manchester-Amsterdam-Manila in about three weeks time. Last time I flew that route the plane was 75% empty on the long hitch. Cool. †;D

I\'ve never seen a female taxi driver in all the years I\'ve been over there, not one. Must be the new age of liberation taking over.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
I guess the cabbie gave her number, coz she wanted more taxi business later. At P600 from the airport, she certainly got her moneys worth. It should have been between P100-150. ce-la-vie, it happens. On the hotel, as the room was only $20 (assuming UK) then you got the cockroach for free. You get what you paid for. Better luck next time, hehehe.

So what happened to the older lady?
Is she still in your picture?
Why did you only stay for 2 weeks, when the original was probably a 6 month stay?

Ok so I am a bit nosy, hehe, just curious tho.

Bruce

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 07:42:56 PM »
Hey, abcdevil,.... get in the queue,... we\'re all waiting too for the next part of the story,... I\'m wondering what happened too !!

My understanding would be for the taxi driver to give her cell number to rm86 to have a chance of a date ?/

I got hussled at Manila airport on my first visit by an airport security girl,.. she insisted to know which hotel I was staying at and pushed her cell number into my pocket so I could reach her that night. Didn\'t have the heart to tell her I was just heading for the other domestic airport to catch a flight to Cebu...

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Hey, abcdevil,.... get in the queue,... we\'re all waiting too for the next part of the story,... I\'m wondering what happened too !!

My understanding would be for the taxi driver to give her cell number to rm86 to have a chance of a date ?/

I got hussled at Manila airport on my first visit by an airport security girl,.. she insisted to know which hotel I was staying at and pushed her cell number into my pocket so I could reach her that night. Didn\'t have the heart to tell her I was just heading for the other domestic airport to catch a flight to Cebu...

Jonny
Probably setting you up to be robbed. God Bless......
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »
Hey Steve,.. cmon,.. don\'t spoil my dreaming !!
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »

Jonny
Jonny,
By any chance, did that security girl, have black hair, olive complexion, about 5 ft tall, nice looking? If so, I also received the same thing, on 3 different occassions. I wonder if it is the same girl? Once I was with my wife. We both laughed it off as it boosted my ego and made my wife feel proud.

I didn\'t tell her I was meeting my wife outside. Couldn\'t damage those delicate female emotions.

Bruce

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »

Jonny
Probably setting you up to be robbed. God Bless......

Steven, Steven, you have become very cynical since you came here† :o :o::)

Graham

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »

Steven, Steven, you have become very cynical since you came here† :o :o::)

Graham

Unfortunatly, that is a safe way to set your head to in the Philippines.† :(

Nobody can deny that, as this forum is alive with warnings about being very careful whenever trusting local people with anything.

It is a real shame, when there are so many great people, that just that certain, almost \'accepted\' percentage, should make it this way.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog