Author Topic: Air fares to rise  (Read 1065 times)

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
Air fares to rise
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
Just reading that because of this episode with the Icelandic ash cloud, air fares are expected to rise 5% to cover the loses experienced by the airlines. I don\'t expect that it will take effect on the other side of the Atlantic from UK, but I\'m keeping an eye on the prices as we will be shortly booking our flights for October with KLM.
Hope it doesn\'t go too high, I like to keep my money for other things when we get there !

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Air fares to rise
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:33:18 PM »
If you\'ve seen that in the news or papers, then that\'ll be 5% on SCHEDULED FULL PRICE TICKETS..........

excursion fares are usually around 40% of full fare anyway so that mean increase of around 2%

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:42 PM »
Just reading that because of this episode with the Icelandic ash cloud, air fares are expected to rise 5% to cover the loses experienced by the airlines. I don\'t expect that it will take effect on the other side of the Atlantic from UK, but I\'m keeping an eye on the prices as we will be shortly booking our flights for October with KLM.
Hope it doesn\'t go too high, I like to keep my money for other things when we get there !

Jonny
I\'m sure the prices will go up on both sides of the pond.
One company will not lose out on an opportunity to gouge anyone they can...
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:37:04 AM »
The whole ash thing was a scam. Something else was going on at the same time to ground all aircraft in the face of so many experts saying it wasn\'t necessary.

And besides, what happened to the 150,000 Brits stranded in Europe? The planes I got back from the US, via Amsterdam, had 20% empty seats!!??

Me and my buddies expected to see queues of people at the check ins,  waving cash and messages offering to buy seats, or at least the airlines offering cash money to people prepared to wait over a couple of days, like they usually do when planes are overbooked. But nothing, nada, not one.  ???

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog