Author Topic: Required provider list for TRICARE Overseas?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline southern92

• Sr Member
Required provider list for TRICARE Overseas?
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
Was bumbling around the TRICARE web-page(s) and found the below . . . and now I am wondering if there is such a list and if anyone has used someone not on the list and was able to get monies for their medical service.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/overview/Plans/StandardOverseas

\"Plan Overview
When using TRICARE Standard Overseas, you\'ll receive care from host-nation providers. You may seek care at a military treatment facility on a space-available basis only.  You do not need a referral for any type of care but some services may require prior authorization.  You may have to pay the provider in full when you receive care and file a claim with TRICARE for reimbursement.

Some of the TRICARE Area Offices (TAO) have established preferred provider lists. You should use providers from these lists if they are available to you. Contact your TAO for more information. Note: In the Philippines, you must select a provider from the Philippines Certified Provider list.\"
Jeff

Re: Required provider list for TRICARE Overseas?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
There is such a list, I have looked at it several times and have copied down the providers who  are Tricare Certified.   I was  inpatient at Mactan Hospital and filed a tricare claim for the stay and they paid me.

Here is the link:  http://www.tricare.mil/tma/pacific/pacificCertifiedProviders.aspx

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:53:04 PM »
That list that I mentioned above is not, current.  Tricare uses a different list and they will not give it out to me or as far as I know to anyone.  That Tricare Certified Provider list has a disclaimer on it.  I recently went to a ER and that hospital was on that so called Tricare Certified Provider list, well Tricare denied my ER claim...the reason was that this provider was not Tricare authorized for this level of care.  What a bunch of BS>>>>

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:24:44 AM »
  That is why I use Ultimacare in Cebu. They can not help on meds but for tests and inpatient treatment they can help you. I live in Leyte but fly over as needed.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
  That is why I use Ultimacare in Cebu. They can not help on meds but for tests and inpatient treatment they can help you. I live in Leyte but fly over as needed.

I also us Ultimatcare in Cebu....When I contacted TAO-P about another subject they had this statement in their response to me:       

“Recently it has come to the attention of the TAO-P (TRICARE Area Office-Pacific (TAO-P)). that providers in the Philippines have been requesting a $300 \"enrollment fee\" upfront without providing any care/services.  Our office advises beneficiaries not to make payment unless care/services are actually received.” 

But Tricare gives us no  choice but to pay the $300 up front.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog