Author Topic: Bohol  (Read 1974 times)

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
Bohol
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
Hi Bohol Guys

I am hankering for a get away weekend and am on a budjut, so since Bohol is only a fastcraft ride away i was wondering if you guys know any decent places down south. I am particularly interested in Balicasag Island, Pamilacan and Virgin Island. Thankyou in advance.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Bohol
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
Balicasig is NOT a budget location except for a day trip in a banka.

Pamilican is also served by bankas......if you go from Alona Beach you\'ll get the tourist rate, if you go from the pier in Baclayon you might get much better deal.

The islanders on Pamilican were made to give up hunting whales some years ago and are now an eco tourist site.

Not sure on what overnight accomodation is available.

My contacts are well over a year old so I don\'t know how far you\'ll get with them

Pamilican Island Dolphin and Whale Watching Organisation
The Pamilacan Island Dolphin and Whale Watching Organization (PIDWWO) was founded as a people\'s organisation (PO) in 1998 when the banning of whale shark hunting was implemented in the country.
http://www.tourismfortomorrow.com/Winners/Previous_Winners_and_Finalists/Conservation_Award/Dolphin_Watch_Pamilacan/index.php
Chairman Leo Sumalpon
(038)540 09611 (that doesn\'t look right too many digits me thinks - from a hand written note - I suspect one 0 too many)
0917 9713101
0926 9033229
0921 5187767
[strike]www.dolphinwatchpamilican.com[/strike]  no longer working  :-\\
[strike]info@dolphinwatchpamilican.com[/strike]  no longer working  :-\\

Contacting Bohol Dept of Tourism may get you more current contact numbers

Joselino \"JoJo\" Baritua
Tour operator
038 540 9279
0917 7021468
0919 7306108
pamilican@yahoo.com
www.whales.bohol.ph

I\'d recommend a Loboc river cruise (lunch time) and skip Chocolate Hills and giant python ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
Not many  go for the python any more..The Bayot there provides far better entertainment..Good laugh and well worth the 10.00PHP entrance IMO!!
Much better kept river trips than Loboc in Bohol.. but thats a secret!!

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
Thanks for the replies and info. Will check it out. Maybe we will stay at Baclayon and boat in for the day. Not sure what boat prices are but i can get cheap rides out of Cordoba for island hopping. Maybe similar in Baclayon . Did the regular route last year, hills, python, monkey, caves, floating restaurant. Mainly looking at the beach experience for family and my new wind sport. Long sandy south facing, in hopes to catch the coming trade winds that i keep waiting for.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »
For beach and sand sports.....Alona Beach is the place, can\'t say that there is the tourist infrastructure in  other parts of Bohol.

All the resorts on Panglao Island have \"day pass\" that lets you into 5 star resorts for the day....most of the fee is redeemable at the bar, so you can stay at inexpensive place and then spend your days at the resorts......you may have to pay additional (or comes out of ticket fee) to rent boats/boards.....I dunno.

My favourite spot is Panglao Island Nature Resort (we have a day out there every 2-3 months) P600 day pass (P500 redeemable at bar/restuarant).

Another favourite of mine Dumaluan Beach - not a resort as such but there are some resort attractions....I love general interaction and seeing Filipinos enjoying their beaches/seas.......most seem reluctant to use the beach at Alona unless with foreign partner.

Most disappointing - Bohol Beach Club.....too antiseptic for me

Worst value - Eskaya too expensive, too many restrictions on day visitors

Off the beaten track but worth a day out Cabilao Island ..........you\'ll see it on your right hand side on your ferry from Cebu.
Catch Jeepney from Tagbilaran to Sandingan pier and catch local banka.
Somewhat limited in facilities it is very peaceful day out.

Another day out might be Mag-Aso Falls near Antequera and the nearby Danao Adventure Park
http://www.ironwulf.net/2007/10/03/danao-bohols-new-adventure-mecca/
for tubing, kayaking, zip line etc etc

Offline BC Boy

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Thanks for your recommendations. Gives me lots of fuel to research. I really enjoy virtual island hopping with Google Earth. Just wish more places had higher resolution so i can check out the people on the beach lol.

When i first came out for a visit a year ago my now wife took us to Bohol Beach Club. Ilona beach is great, very long. The resort is huge and the beach was like a ghost town. Not going back since i am no longer a big spender lol but will be visiting the beach for sure. The nature Preserve looks nice too.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog