Author Topic: Travel insurance 3 - 4 months  (Read 12069 times)

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
Travel insurance 3 - 4 months
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:41 AM »
Anyone got details on a specific company that\'s good quality & good value?

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: Travel insurance 3 - 4 months
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:44:46 AM »
Anyone got details on a specific company that\'s good quality & good value?

I always liked Boots 1 year Multi Trip insurance - around £200 for worldwide coverage excluding US & Canada

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 04:52:30 AM »
We have a bank account in UK that covers us world-wide for up to 4months at a time, there\'s obviosly a fee but I\'ve checked out the policy and we\'re well covered. ( Bank of Scotland )

Jonny
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:21:35 AM »
My bank won\'t even give me a calendar  >:(
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline southern92

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 01:25:57 AM »
What kind of things does said travelers insurance cover??
Jeff

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
All,

Be aware that if you travel to any place that has a warning about travelling to it by your local Dept. of Foreign Affairs, then you will likely find that your policy will be \"null and void\". Read the fine print. When I first travelled to Mindanao I took out Travel Insurance for $500 only to find that I might as well have given the money away.

Graham

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
Thanks for the info folks, but unfortunately some of the ideas are already out of the window for me: I paid for the tickets with a debit card, so no go with that. I\'m not in the UK and I\'ve not seen a Boots in WA. We do have HSBC accounts here in WA and the Isle of Man, so I\'ll take a closer look at that.

Graham, did your insurance specify Mindanao as a no go or the Philippines as a whole?

I found a site called World Nomads, for 4 month family cover underwitten by Lloyds it\'s AUD$648, it\'s recommended by Lonley Planet if that\'s any sort of indicator?

I guess I\'ll keep looking on the web, something better/cheaper may turn up.

Offline chuwachi

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
Thanks King, just took a look and it\'s the same one I found while browsing the net, World Nomads.

I guess the quote of AUD $648 for a family of four isn\'t too bad if you were up for 500 quid way back!

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
Thanks for the info folks, but unfortunately some of the ideas are already out of the window for me: I paid for the tickets with a debit card, so no go with that. I\'m not in the UK and I\'ve not seen a Boots in WA. We do have HSBC accounts here in WA and the Isle of Man, so I\'ll take a closer look at that.

Graham, did your insurance specify Mindanao as a no go or the Philippines as a whole?

I found a site called World Nomads, for 4 month family cover underwitten by Lloyds it\'s AUD$648, it\'s recommended by Lonley Planet if that\'s any sort of indicator?

I guess I\'ll keep looking on the web, something better/cheaper may turn up.

Mate,

can\'t remember the wording now, but I think it said in the fine print that any place condemned by the Dept. of Foreign Affairs made the contract null n void. So it only pertained (in my case) to Mindanao. Travel to the rest of the Islands did not jeopardise the Insurance.

Graham

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog