Author Topic: need advice about job options in Manila or Cebu Russian,Engl,French  (Read 2758 times)

Offline sparrow.iv

Hello dear all )) I realize the topic should have been posted in job-category ...
but the issue is still about expat life )) snd i need an advice/any comments/opinion - of those who know the country from inside and up-to-date... as my info and experience there are both...mm.. a bit outdated already)

I want to move in the Phlp. next year in the end of 2011. I am studying now in Prague, Economics, Master, in English.
My first degree is† Diplomacy&International Relations and Interpreter of English. One year after graduation i was working as a teacher of English, then for internship was invited to the Phpns, Cebu - Call Center CSC Representative
Now i am here in Czech Rep. and after the graduation i want to move back - to Manila or Cebu.

I am fluent in English, I know French and Czech in the upper-intermediate level. Russian is my native. I am† not an IT-prof. but i know all about PC what a user (advanced and very much advanced) may need.

Please advise - would i be able to find a job in Manila or Cebu regarding skills and experience i have?

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: need advice about job options in Manila or Cebu Russian,Engl,French
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 05:23:03 AM »
Please advise - would i be able to find a job in Manila or Cebu regarding skills and experience i have?

NO !
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:48:24 AM »
There is you and 2.5 million Filipinos qualified for the same job, and they will work for 1/10th of what you expect. Answer is NO... :-[
Wayne† ;D ;D

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:02:34 AM »
Foreigners are allowed to work in the Philippines if there is a job that requires a skill that is not readily available locally from a Philippine citizen.† For example, if there was a job that required fluency in Russian, then you might be eligible for that job.† The employer would have to write a letter to the Bureau of Immigration (on company letter head) explaining why they would need you for the job.† If approved you would get a 1 year visa that would allow you to work (for that company only).† After the visa is granted you would also need a work permit from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »
If you can find a Russian, Czech or French call centre then you may possibly get a job. Your English alone would not get you a job, it is a national language along with Tagalog/Filipino.

Another aspect to consider is that by taking a job here, you could be depriving a Filipino a a job that they desperately need to feed their family.

Colin

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
What has been said is fine, good and RIGHT ON!!

A foreigner without the proper work visa will never get a job per-say in the Philippines!

But, teaching a language or more then one has it\'s benefits for private in house if you get that drift.

But, unless setup from the get-go, it would take time and a whole lot of effort.

In other words, best have the fund for a long time and find what area of the Country would benefit your knowledge/ability.
B-Ray

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog