Author Topic: New TRICARE Overseas Program Manger  (Read 2736 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
New TRICARE Overseas Program Manger
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »
Just received correspondence saying that effective 1 Sep 2010 International SOS Assistance, Inc. is the new TRICARE Overseas Program contractor for all areas outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.  A handy wallet card with contact numbers was included.  To get copies of the new TRICARE Overseas Handbook download PDF from www.tricare.mil or through any overseas TRICARE Service Center(like we have one here). You can also contact International SOS to request a copy.  Wonder if this contractor will be any better than the previous one\'s?

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline oneiloilokano

• Sr Member
Re: New TRICARE Overseas Program Manger
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »
A good friend of mine here and I both have had zero claims processes by Tricare SOS. SOS is a good term because these people make WPS look good. Still pushing with my USAF retired buddy and as of now stil no satisfaction on any claims. I was hospitalised in January here with a tricare authorised provider (know this for a fact because WPS processed claims before) and recieved an EOB last month asking wtf ? Stil waiting for their responce. In the meantime I have shelled out allmost $2,000 for meds and cost shares and every month between my wifes meds and mione (cardiac patient) I go another P14,000 in the hole.

Bottom line is this new provider is worse than WPS and the thing is nobody cares ?

Good luck as we retirees are on our own and paying out of pocket until this finally gets straigntened out.

Paul in Iloilo.

Offline drpack

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:17:17 AM »
I was in hospital for over a month and it cost P1,300,000.† Filed claim in January 2011 and they never saw it.† Filed again in March and they denied it because there was a mix-up with SS#.† They finally approved the entire amount and paid me all but P15,000 which was my share.† Better late than never.† Still waiting on another claim for about P100,000 for drugs that had to buy because hospital did not carry them.
DON

Offline southern92

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »
Good to know it woekrd (If verrrrrrry slow)
Jeff

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog