Author Topic: How far down will the Peso go?  (Read 16140 times)

Offline halibaitor

• Sr Member
Re: How far down will the Peso go?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
It\'s the world\'s richest 5 or 6 families enslaving the asses more and more as every year goes by.

I think you probably meant \"masses\", but on sober second thought, it works that way too...† :D

I\'m hoping the dollar doesn\'t slide any further, as that\'s what I\'m starting from.

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »
Today I would get 44.2 peso to the AU$, last week it was 45.1, going up and down a lot lately
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »

Rates today at central bank last week I bought dollars for 42.50 every time it losses against the dollar the fuel price increases hope it keeps starts getting stronger again

Tom/ Roxas City

23 March 2012

US$ 1.00

PhP 43.049

Repo Rate

6.00%

Reverse Repo Rate

4.00%

Inflation Rate
(Feb \'12)

2.7%(2006=100)
91-day T-bill Rate
2.148%

Gold Buying/ troy oz.

US$1647.20

Silver Buying

US$31.65

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »
Stronger Peso Seen
March 23, 2012
President Benigno S. Aquino III has predicted that the peso will sustain its appreciation versus the US dollars and may possibly breach the P40 level next year against the backdrop of improving economic condition of the country.

Offline Metz

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
I would not be surprised to see 20 peso to the dollar within 5 years.† The US is printing too much money whereas the Philippines has already taken their medicine after going thru the Marcos saga.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed that the exchange rate always seems to drop right around the end of the month and lasting to the 1st week of the next month? It sometimes feels like that and thus targeting us who have govt pensions to get the least pesos for our USD / GBP / AUD etc. Maybe just my imagination but it seems to be that way more often than not. God Bless......
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
Now that is an interesting observation. †I will have to keep an eye on that pattern for when I begin exchanging on a regular basis. †Thanks.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
Has anyone ever noticed that the exchange rate always seems to drop right around the end of the month and lasting to the 1st week of the next month? It sometimes feels like that and thus targeting us who have govt pensions to get the least pesos for our USD / GBP / AUD etc. Maybe just my imagination but it seems to be that way more often than not. God Bless......

Yes, we send money out to the Philippines at the end of every month, and never seem to catch the currency at its best.

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:58 AM »
Maybe there\'s a bit of supply and demand at play as well? If everybody is buying pesos at the same time, it is natural that the price will go up.

Richard

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »

Hi Steve as I think you know I try to stay ahead of them and exchange when I feel it is higher, often easier said than done for those on a fixed income, so I suggest maybe you do not exchanges all right at the beginning of the month if you feel that is when it drops the most. I have seen some correlation to that and it might be due to the pensions, the OFW getting paid every two weeks and sending their money home at that time as well as many families possibly getting their income on or near the end or the beginning of the month and thus sending money home at that time as well, so my guess is most money flows in during those times. Possibly try exchanging a smaller amount at the beginning of the month and then doing the rest in the middle and see if you get a better rate. Unfortunately there is no easy answer at this point and I feel for you and others who live on a tight budget.

Whatever is happening, the exchange has been going against us for quite a while now and it is making it much harder for many of the people I know to keep living here since the cost of living has also gone up, so they are taking a double hit. Many have been tightening the belts but running out of places to tighten it from. :(
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Maybe there\'s a bit of supply and demand at play as well? If everybody is buying pesos at the same time, it is natural that the price will go up.

Richard

If that were the case Richard, all currencies trends would be so predictable that everybody would be in the currency trading business.

Randy, I wasn\'t suggesting that supply and demand are the only factors affecting exchange rates. But if the shifts mentioned earlier are real (I haven\'t noticed it for myself) and always happen at the same time of the month, then it could be one of the causes. And no matter what the cause is, if there is such a pattern of currency shifts, then I expect there are many Forex investors making money out of it and keeping quiet about it.

Richard

Offline oneiloilokano

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »
I also gain no pleasure from seeing the Euro\'s devaluation. But I am happy to see the dollar finally gaining.
When we moved here in 2002 the exchange rate was P 58 to $1. Now it\'s finally back to 43 up from a low of P 42 to $1.
A 25% loss of buying power. That\'s why it pays to live below your means, but still comfortably.
I am sure I speak for the rest of the American expats here when I say I hope this trend continues. Our USD has been trashed too long :).

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
Well Paul,

speaking selfishly, I hope the US$ doesn\'t gain
too quickly. I would like my \"new found wealth\"
the AU$ to last a bit longer. I\'m enjoying a \"sorta\'\"
luxurious lifestyle lately. LOL

Graham

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member