Author Topic: eBooks  (Read 17089 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
Re: eBooks
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
I find that I learn a lot from the writings of good authors. The 'Fall of Giants' gives an insite into the thinking behind the start of the first world war as well as life in different countries at that time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:00:48 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 07:47:32 AM »
I am now getting towards the end of a 720 page epic called 'The Goldfinch' by Donna Tartt, not something I would normally have chosen to read, but it was on the NY Times recommended book list, so I thought I would give it a try and it has proved to be a good, if long, read. It is only Donna Tritts third book, but she takes ten years to write them so must have given them a lot of thought  8)

Offline Oz Paul

• Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
I have not heard of that Author, sounds interesting. :)

One of my favourite Authors, Vince Flynn, is no longer with us unfortunately.  I have all his books, and was looking forward to more, and also a Movie of his character - Mitch Rapp, not sure if the movie will proceed now ?

So, I have to be content with reading another one of my favourites - David Baldacci.

I have just started on a book by- James Patterson, seems to be ok so far, time will tell. 8)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »

One of my favourite Authors, Vince Flynn, is no longer with us unfortunately.  I have all his books, and was looking forward to more, and also a Movie of his character - Mitch Rapp, not sure if the movie will proceed now ?

So, I have to be content with reading another one of my favourites - David Baldacci.

I have just started on a book by- James Patterson, seems to be ok so far, time will tell. 8)

I have never read a James Patterson book, the fact that he uses ghost writers to generate his books makes them less than appealing top me. Good commercial sense but not all his own work. I have not read David Baldacci either but his novels look more appealing.

Offline Oz Paul

• Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »

I have never read a James Patterson book, the fact that he uses ghost writers to generate his books makes them less than appealing top me. Good commercial sense but not all his own work. I have not read David Baldacci either but his novels look more appealing.

I am only into the first couple of chapters of the JP book, I will let you know how it turns out.

If you like a good thriller, all of the DB's books I have read so far are excellent, bar only one. 8)

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Living in Puerto Princesa, Palawan
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 12:27:07 AM »
My Sony ebook reader died a while ago so I bought 2 Kobo Aura ebook reqders one each for me and Bing. They are excellent and have back lighting for evening reading.
Colin
Puerto Princesa, Palawan & London, UK

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog