Author Topic: 13a Visa - Get it before you're here or after?  (Read 21285 times)

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
13a Visa - Get it before you're here or after?
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »
The 13a visa is sometimes referred to as a spousal permanent residence visa.  It is for spouses of Philippine citizens and may obtained in your home country before relocating or obtained after you arrive in the Philippines.  If obtained in your home country, it is permanent beginning when you register it on arrival.  If you obtain it in the RP, it will be probationary for the first year and then you must go through the whole procedure again to make it permanent.  

For obtaining it in the US here is what the Honolulu Consulate has to say;

A non-quota immigrant visa may be granted to the spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of Philippine citizens (13A) and to former Filipinos who have already acquired foreign citizenships including their spouse and unmarried minor children (13G). Following are the requirements for a 13A visa:

Passport (valid at least 6 months from date of application)
Duly accomplished visa application form (Form 3)
Six (6) 2 x 2 photos, applicants signature on bottom front
Documentary evidence to prove spouse's or either parent's Philippine citizenship and to show applicant's relationship to the Philippine citizen such as original birth certificate, Philippine passport, marriage contract.
Medical Examination Report (FA Form 11 - available at the Consulate) duly accomplished by a licensed physician and whose signature must be duly notarized; together with a life-size chest x-ray film and laboratory reports (original and two (2) copies.) Medical Examination Report should not be more than six (6) months from the date of application.
Police Clearance Certificate - Please apply 15 days before date of departure for the Philippines at the following address:

Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
Kekuanao'a Bldg.,
465 South King St., Room 101
Honolulu, HI 96183
Tel No. (808) 587-3100 | (808) 745-4300

Evidence of sound financial status e.g. proof of real property, investment, bank certification, pension, notarized Affidavit of Support from a relative in the Philippines, attaching documents to substantiate declaration or claim
Personal Appearance for Interview
Visa Fee of $150 payable in cash or money order only

http://www.philippineconsulatehonolulu.com/content/general-information-visas

To obtain it once your in the RP here is what Immigration has to say;

13(A)    The wife or the husband or the unmarried child under twenty-one years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen;

Checklist of Requirements for Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage Under Section 13(a)

Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;
General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;
Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=35

The fees in the RP are;

Implementation Fee   P      1,000.00
Form    100.00
CRTV (Certificate of Residence for Temporary Visitor)
ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration)    1,000.00
Change of Status    600.00
Head Tax    250.00
Passport Visa    200.00
Legal Research Fee    50.00
Total    P      4,600.00
Express Lane Fee    500.00

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=51
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:22:52 PM by Gray Wolf »
Ako si Goyo. Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: 13a Visa - Get it before you're here or after?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »
Applying for 13a(Probationary) while in the Philippines.  I have heard that it is a requirement to have a Police Clearance from your home country.  While checking the BI website today that is a requirement if you have been in the Philippines for less than six(6) months since your last arrival.  If more than six(6) months NBI Clearance will do.  This is on the general instructions/checklist.

Chuck

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:22:07 PM by Gray Wolf »
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
Chuck,

I have the checklist in front of me, it states:

If the applicant has been in the Philippines for more than 6 months
he shall, in addition to his Police Clearance from his country
of origin or residence, prior to his arrival in the Phil., attach to the
application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

That's it, word for word. I've been here 7 years and went back to
Australia in Dec. to get the clearance and letter of financial capacity
so I can get my 13(a) sometime this year. I thought that I wouldn't
have to get an NBI clearance, but upon re-reading this and typing it
out for you, I re-interpreted it to mean that I have to. Dash it all,
who wants to queue up at NBI? But ...... I have an idea that somewhere
in the Forum is a post saying that now you can get NBI Clearance online!!!

Graham 

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
Before, for sure if you can manage it.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »
BI FORM 2014-12-001 Rev 0 This document may be reproduced and is NOT FOR SALE
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA
BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)

Email: xinfo@immigration.gov.ph
Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration
Twitter: immigrationPH
Page 1 of 3
 G E N E R A L I N S T R U C T I O N S

To avoid summary dismissal/delay in the processing of your application/petition,
please be advised of the following:

1. The Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) is written in English language. Enter legibly all the information required
into the appropriate spaces on the form. If the information required is not applicable, please write N/A. Do not leave any
item blank. The Bureau will not act on application forms that are incomplete and incorrectly accomplished. Your answers
must be in English and all entries must be in CAPITAL LETTERS using English characters only. Letters like , , and
are not recognized by the system. For instance, please enter names like Muoz and Smonin as Munoz and
Semonin respectively.
2. The CGAF must be accomplished in two (2) ORIGINAL copies. The first copy shall be submitted together with all the
documents pertaining to this application and the second copy is intended for application of Alien Certificate of Registration
Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder.
3. All documents required for submission must be complied with, arranged in the order as listed in the Checklist of
Documentary Requirements (CDR), compiled in a legal size (8 x 14 in.) folder and shall be submitted within the prescribed
period, if applicable. Otherwise, your application or petition shall not be accepted.
4. All sworn statements or affidavits must be original and duly notarized.
5. All civil registry documents issued in the Philippines (i.e. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, etc.) must
be original and issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) of the Philippines.
6. All foreign documents must be original and authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP), which has
jurisdiction over the place of issuance, or by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) if said document is issued by the local
Embassy in the Philippines, with English translation if written in other foreign language.
7. If the application is filed by an authorized representative, attach a photocopy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Accreditation
Identification (ID) Certificate or an original Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for EACH applicant with a photocopy of a valid
government-issued ID of attorney-in-fact.
8. The original valid passport of the applicant must be submitted to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) personnel or concerned
frontline officer for scanning. Thereafter, it shall be returned.
9. It is recommended that you seek legal advice from lawyers and/or BI-accredited entities.

- more at the back -
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)

Please read carefully the above-stated General Instructions
before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.

1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse;
2. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-001 Rev 0);
3. Marriage Certificate or Marriage Contract;
4. Birth Certificate or certified true copy of BI-issued Identification Certificate as Filipino citizen of the Filipino spouse;
5. Photocopy of the Filipino spouses valid government-issued ID (i.e. Passport, SSS/GSIS ID/ PRC ID, Drivers License,
TIN, or Voters ID);
6. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay;
7. Valid Police Clearance from country of origin or residence, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for less than six
(6) months;
8. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance or National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance, if
the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and
9. BI Clearance Certificate.

Checklist of Documentary Requirements for EACH Dependent

1. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-001 Rev 0);
2. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay
3. Birth Certificate/Family Register or its equivalent, evidencing the relationship with the petitioner;
4. Valid NBI Clearance or NICA Clearance for dependents 15 years of age or above, if he/she has stayed in the Philippines
for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and
5. BI Clearance Certificate.

[To be filled out by Authorized BI Personnel Only]

CERTIFICATION

This is to certify that the documents submitted in support of the application of _________________________________
 (Name of Applicant)
______________________________ are complete and in accordance with the provided checklist.

Central Receiving Unit Evaluator:

_______________________ ___________________
Signature over Printed Name Date

Note: Submission of additional supporting documents may be required by the Bureau for further verification and evaluation of application.

This is what is posted on the BI website and appears to be current as of March 2014.   Don't doubt you at all Graham, just saying what I saw.

Chuck

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »

T SUBMISSION OF NBI CLEARANCES AND POLICE CLEARANCE FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONS
MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. RADJR-2012-028

WHEREAS, the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 (CA 613), as amended, mandates the Bureau as the agency principally responsible for the administration and enforcement of alien admission and registration laws;

WHEREAS, there is a need to ensure that the applicant for immigrant visas has no record of any derogatory information against him in any law enforcement agency;

WHEREAS, Sec. 3, CA 613, authorizes the Commissioner to issue such rules and regulations and from time to time, issue such instructions, not inconsistent with laws, as he shall deem best calculated to carry out the provisions of immigration laws;

NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to the provisions of existing laws, applicants for immigrant visas including applicants for temporary resident visa shall submit the following clearances:
1.   If the applicant has been in the Philippines for less than six (6) months, he shall attach to his application a Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in another foreign language.
2.   If the applicant has been in the Philippines for six (6) months or more, he shall, in addition to the Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence prior to his arrival in the Philippines, attach to his application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
This requirements shall take effect 15 days from receipt of the Secretary, Department of Justice of the National Administrative Register (ONAR), U.P. Law Center, U.P. Diliman, Quezon City.

(Sgd) RICARDO A. DAVID, JR
Commissioner

What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 11:50:48 AM »

Offline BC57

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »
Hi,
Reading about needing or not needing police clearance from the expats home country has my head spinning non stop, lol. I just went to the BI website and it says this. See underlined #8. Now I also saw somewhere on the internet where some guys posted a memorandum from the BI president saying we need police clearance from the expats home country no matter what, so what is the truth? I would think that the BI would have updated the checklist that they have posted on their own website by now if the memorandum was true. Thanks in advance.

7. Valid Police Clearance from country of origin or residence, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for less than six
(6) months;
8. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance or National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and

BI FORM 2014-12-001 Rev 0 This document may be reproduced and is NOT FOR SALE
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA
BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)

Email: xinfo@immigration.gov.ph
Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration
Twitter: immigrationPH
Page 1 of 3
 G E N E R A L I N S T R U C T I O N S

To avoid summary dismissal/delay in the processing of your application/petition,
please be advised of the following:

1. The Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) is written in English language. Enter legibly all the information required
into the appropriate spaces on the form. If the information required is not applicable, please write N/A. Do not leave any
item blank. The Bureau will not act on application forms that are incomplete and incorrectly accomplished. Your answers
must be in English and all entries must be in CAPITAL LETTERS using English characters only. Letters like , , and
are not recognized by the system. For instance, please enter names like Muoz and Smonin as Munoz and
Semonin respectively.
2. The CGAF must be accomplished in two (2) ORIGINAL copies. The first copy shall be submitted together with all the
documents pertaining to this application and the second copy is intended for application of Alien Certificate of Registration
Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder.
3. All documents required for submission must be complied with, arranged in the order as listed in the Checklist of
Documentary Requirements (CDR), compiled in a legal size (8 x 14 in.) folder and shall be submitted within the prescribed
period, if applicable. Otherwise, your application or petition shall not be accepted.
4. All sworn statements or affidavits must be original and duly notarized.
5. All civil registry documents issued in the Philippines (i.e. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, etc.) must
be original and issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) of the Philippines.
6. All foreign documents must be original and authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP), which has
jurisdiction over the place of issuance, or by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) if said document is issued by the local
Embassy in the Philippines, with English translation if written in other foreign language.
7. If the application is filed by an authorized representative, attach a photocopy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Accreditation
Identification (ID) Certificate or an original Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for EACH applicant with a photocopy of a valid
government-issued ID of attorney-in-fact.
8. The original valid passport of the applicant must be submitted to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) personnel or concerned
frontline officer for scanning. Thereafter, it shall be returned.
9. It is recommended that you seek legal advice from lawyers and/or BI-accredited entities.

- more at the back -
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR
CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)

Please read carefully the above-stated General Instructions
before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.

1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse;
2. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-001 Rev 0);
3. Marriage Certificate or Marriage Contract;
4. Birth Certificate or certified true copy of BI-issued Identification Certificate as Filipino citizen of the Filipino spouse;
5. Photocopy of the Filipino spouses valid government-issued ID (i.e. Passport, SSS/GSIS ID/ PRC ID, Drivers License,
TIN, or Voters ID);
6. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay;
(6) months;
8. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance or National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance, if
the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and

Checklist of Documentary Requirements for EACH Dependent

1. Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-001 Rev 0);
2. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay
3. Birth Certificate/Family Register or its equivalent, evidencing the relationship with the petitioner;
4. Valid NBI Clearance or NICA Clearance for dependents 15 years of age or above, if he/she has stayed in the Philippines
for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and
5. BI Clearance Certificate.

[To be filled out by Authorized BI Personnel Only]

CERTIFICATION

This is to certify that the documents submitted in support of the application of _________________________________
 (Name of Applicant)
______________________________ are complete and in accordance with the provided checklist.

Central Receiving Unit Evaluator:

_______________________ ___________________
Signature over Printed Name Date

Note: Submission of additional supporting documents may be required by the Bureau for further verification and evaluation of application.

This is what is posted on the BI website and appears to be current as of March 2014.   Don't doubt you at all Graham, just saying what I saw.

Chuck

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »
Just my opinion, had it been possible (I was not married when I came here) I would have for sure gotten my 13A in the states...for just one reason...If you get it in the states it is permanent, If you wait and get it here, you get a temporary 13a good for one year then have to get the Permanent one after a year....when you do that, its basically all the same stuff again...so you end up doing it twice...which though not impossible, is a serious pain in the butt.

Getting the US police clearance is not hard there, I had been here for over six months so it was a non issue..
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline BC57

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »
Hi,
Chuck is correct. I have read so many different responses across the internet on the police clearance from the foreigners home country. I emailed the BI directly mostly because I never saw that anyone has. Below is their email response back to me. Once you are in the PH for 6 months or longer "you don't need police clearance from your home country". I also contacted the BI through their facebook page and got the same response (see below). I also asked the BI if there was a new change to the checklist listed on their site and their response from their Operations Center said no change has been made (see below). The Operations Center sent a link below that goes to their site and once you review the checklist of requirements you will see that no police check is needed from the home country if you are in the PH for 6 months or more. I asked that question because some guy put up what looked like a blog report saying that the BI president put out a memorandum stating that everyone needed a police clearance also no matter if you were in the PH for more or less than 6 months. Apparently that blog was bogus just to create responses and get reactions to something that was false. So hopefully for the present time there shouldn't be anymore confusion about this topic but you know how the PH is, lol. ::)

On Apr 15, 2015, at 10:58 PM, Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center <binoc_immigration@hotmail.ph> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Please be informed that the there's no changes or additional requirements for immigrant visa by marriage. Please refer to our website thru this link http://immigration.gov.ph/images/ImmigrantVisasForms/ImmigrantVisaByMarriage/2014-12-001%20Rev%201%20Conversion%20to%20Non-Quota%20Immigrant%20by%20Marriage.pdf.

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 465-2400 and visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH.

Thank you.

-rgm

DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this message, including any of its attachments, may contain confidential information, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise protected by law.  The message is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) or recipient(s).  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the message thereafter.  Any form of storage, reproduction, distribution, or dissemination of this or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  Please consider the environment before printing this email.  E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code.  By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such code.  The Bureau of Immigration does not endorse opinions, conclusions and other information unrelated to the official business of the Bureau thus accepts no liability in the circulation of the same through the unauthorized use of this email account.

Email to BI Operations Center
> From: ---------
> Subject: question on NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE 13 (a)
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:48:12 -0700
> To: binoc_immigration@hotmail.ph
>
> Hi,
> I was on the BI website and have question about checklist item 8. If a foreigner is in the PH for longer than 6 months he or she only needs to have an NBI clearance and BI clearance certificate, correct? Or is there a new change that requires this person to also get police clearance from their home country?
>
>
> 7. Valid Police Clearance from country of origin or residence, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for less than six (6) months;
>
> 8. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more from the date of latest arrival; and
>
> 9. BI Clearance Certificate.
>
> Thanks for your assistance,
>
> Charlie

Here is their second response from their facebook page.

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines   1:33am Apr 16
correct sir NBI clearance and not police clearance from the point of origin if the applicant stayed in the Philippines for more than 6 months...................ACN/

View Conversation on Facebook
This message was sent to --------- If you don't want to receive these emails from Facebook in the future, please unsubscribe.
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303

Chuck,

I have the checklist in front of me, it states:

If the applicant has been in the Philippines for more than 6 months
he shall, in addition to his Police Clearance from his country
of origin or residence, prior to his arrival in the Phil., attach to the
application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

That's it, word for word. I've been here 7 years and went back to
Australia in Dec. to get the clearance and letter of financial capacity
so I can get my 13(a) sometime this year. I thought that I wouldn't
have to get an NBI clearance, but upon re-reading this and typing it
out for you, I re-interpreted it to mean that I have to. Dash it all,
who wants to queue up at NBI? But ...... I have an idea that somewhere
in the Forum is a post saying that now you can get NBI Clearance online!!!

Graham

Offline BC57

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
Question if anyone knows, on the official BI Philippine website under the checklist for this visa showing financial support isn't required or listed yet at the Los Angeles Philippine Embassy they have this as a requirement. Why is it different?

The 13a visa is sometimes referred to as a spousal permanent residence visa.  It is for spouses of Philippine citizens and may obtained in your home country before relocating or obtained after you arrive in the Philippines.  If obtained in your home country, it is permanent beginning when you register it on arrival.  If you obtain it in the RP, it will be probationary for the first year and then you must go through the whole procedure again to make it permanent. 

For obtaining it in the US here is what the Honolulu Consulate has to say;

A non-quota immigrant visa may be granted to the spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of Philippine citizens (13A) and to former Filipinos who have already acquired foreign citizenships including their spouse and unmarried minor children (13G). Following are the requirements for a 13A visa:

Passport (valid at least 6 months from date of application)
Duly accomplished visa application form (Form 3)
Six (6) 2 x 2 photos, applicants signature on bottom front
Documentary evidence to prove spouse's or either parent's Philippine citizenship and to show applicant's relationship to the Philippine citizen such as original birth certificate, Philippine passport, marriage contract.
Medical Examination Report (FA Form 11 - available at the Consulate) duly accomplished by a licensed physician and whose signature must be duly notarized; together with a life-size chest x-ray film and laboratory reports (original and two (2) copies.) Medical Examination Report should not be more than six (6) months from the date of application.
Police Clearance Certificate - Please apply 15 days before date of departure for the Philippines at the following address:

Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
Kekuanao'a Bldg.,
465 South King St., Room 101
Honolulu, HI 96183
Tel No. (808) 587-3100 | (808) 745-4300

Evidence of sound financial status e.g. proof of real property, investment, bank certification, pension, notarized Affidavit of Support from a relative in the Philippines, attaching documents to substantiate declaration or claim
Personal Appearance for Interview
Visa Fee of $150 payable in cash or money order only

http://www.philippineconsulatehonolulu.com/content/general-information-visas

To obtain it once your in the RP here is what Immigration has to say;

13(A)    The wife or the husband or the unmarried child under twenty-one years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen;

Checklist of Requirements for Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage Under Section 13(a)

Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;
General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;
Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=35

The fees in the RP are;

Implementation Fee   P      1,000.00
Form    100.00
CRTV (Certificate of Residence for Temporary Visitor)
ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration)    1,000.00
Change of Status    600.00
Head Tax    250.00
Passport Visa    200.00
Legal Research Fee    50.00
Total    P      4,600.00
Express Lane Fee    500.00

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=51

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »
I was also just looking at that on the Phil Embassy USA site.  From checking old forum post and other forums it appears that financial data was required previously when applying for a 13a in the Philippines also.  Being retired military and on SS, I can get current pay certifications on line and if needed have them certified by the US Embassy her. I have used them to show income for Cignal, PLDT and BDO credit card without certification.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 01:57:52 PM »
I have also sent an email to BI yesterday requesting clarification, just received the answer which is the same as BC57 posted earlier.  In regards to the NBI clearance as of 1 Apr 2015 NBI now has an online payment and appointment system. So hopefully no waiting in a long line.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »
Greg it only took me two months to get my 13a Visa package completed through the mail in the states, I kid you not and for those that do it here..... they drag out the process and like Coleman said, it's all that work for a probationary Visa and you end up doing it again next year with NBI clearances, I've never had to go through the NBI clearance, it's a huge waiting game and it can take from a year to two years to get a simple 13a Visa for some and what it comes down to is the dragging feet of the Bureaucracy, even if the wheels are greased they feel you might grease them some more, missing certified documents and for some not basically not knowing what to do here.

Best to get all your ducks in a row stateside and then bring your package with you, after that your still not done....LOL, you have within one week to report to the PBI for your Immigrant card, they'll still send you to their own doctor, these guys take from 1-2 hour lunch break and close their offices, boy it don't get better than this and by the end of the day your told to come back what amounts to two weeks later to get your Immigrant ID card.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:54:13 PM by mcalleyboy »
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »
mcalleyboy,

GregW post is from Feb 2011, think he may have already resolved his problem.  Think he was one of our previous moderators.  Agree getting the 13a in your home country is the best idea.  Problem is some of us are not married to a Filipina before we come here, so we can not get a 13a in our home country.  Coleman also said he got the 13a(Prob) in 5 days less than 2 months and he applied in Tacloban not Manila.  The NBI clearance now has an online appointment/payment system, no more queuing up at 5 am.  I will be doing the 13a in manila during Jun.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog