Author Topic: My trip to PI  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Foreigner

Re: My trip to PI
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:14 AM »
Thanks Graham and Dave

The fastcraft fare from Surigao to Dapa (presumably Siargao) is not cheap @ PHP6500 for 36 nautical miles travel. I travelled on the SuperCat from Cebu to Ormoc, nearly double the distance, for only PHP700.  I might have to shelve that trip.

All good information though and thanks again.

Cheers

Gavin

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
Thanks Graham and Dave

The fastcraft fare from Surigao to Dapa (presumably Siargao) is not cheap @ PHP6500 for 36 nautical miles travel. I travelled on the SuperCat from Cebu to Ormoc, nearly double the distance, for only PHP700.  I might have to shelve that trip.

All good information though and thanks again.

Cheers

Gavin

Dapa is further west than General Luna (GL) and would mean longer travel on land
Surigao - GL is listed as P7,000  ???

I\'m surprised at the price too.....

I noticed CebuPacific Air prices from Cebu-Siargao are around P1100-1500 each way (if booked a month or so in advance)

So it looks like flying in might be the way to go......unless you wish to pass through Surigao city specifically, which does appear to have attractions of its\' own
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Surigao_Tourism_Map_2.jpg

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
I don\'t mind Flying But boats thanks but no thanks..If i liked boats i would have saved more money on my trip to Bohol in 2 weeks rather than just flying into Cebu then taking a Boat to Bohol.. But for me i like the Path of least resistance and Paied more..I will be 15 mins from the airport  :)

Offline Foreigner

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
Thanks again Dave, have you ever thought of becoming a travel consultant? You\'re certainly a wealth of information. How many beers do I owe you now?

My initial thoughts were to take the ferry from Cebu to Surigao wrongly thinking it is fairly close to Siargao.  On reflection though, flying seems to be a cheaper and quicker option if there\'s a direct flight from Cebu.

From my relatively limited travel experience within PI, I think I would rather travel my boat than plane (and definitely more so than bus - that\'s sheer madness).

I find boat travel more relaxing and when you take into account the usually Phil airline\'s policy of checking in 2 hours before departure, not to mention your flight is usually delayed by at least an hour, its may be quicker.

Cheers

Gavin

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
Thanks again Dave, have you ever thought of becoming a travel consultant? You\'re certainly a wealth of information. How many beers do I owe you now?

My initial thoughts were to take the ferry from Cebu to Surigao wrongly thinking it is fairly close to Siargao.  On reflection though, flying seems to be a cheaper and quicker option if there\'s a direct flight from Cebu.

From my relatively limited travel experience within PI, I think I would rather travel my boat than plane (and definitely more so than bus - that\'s sheer madness).

I find boat travel more relaxing and when you take into account the usually Phil airline\'s policy of checking in 2 hours before departure, not to mention your flight is usually delayed by at least an hour, its may be quicker.

Cheers

Gavin

No problem Gav, 1 ice cold bottled San Mig Dry will suffice  :)

The whole essence of this forum is to help where you can

Flying straight to Siargao may save even more money....I don\'t know what time the ferries get into Surigao City from Cebu but you may be looking at an overnight hotel stay into the equation before catching ferry to Siargao Island

Offline eco

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
I want to visit bohol next visit. I done some research on Surf beachs in the philippines, along with the ones listed there are a few in Luzon, a place way up north called the Blue Lagoon sounded good.
exploring the world

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
Sorry no regular surf on Bohol........sunning, snorkelling and scuba here

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
when i was in Baclayon in April i saw very very little if any waves when the tide came in and went out Even at the Pier at Belwarte Across from the Oldest Church where you can Catch a Boat to Pamilican Island not bad Just choppy for a Little Boat out farther out.....Dave

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog