Author Topic: Wrangler style Jeepney builder in Cebu?  (Read 15964 times)

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Wrangler style Jeepney builder in Cebu?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
In the UK they are called Shoguns!!
Sexy...
In a Japanese kind of way!

Offline michael16136

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
Michael;
Where if I may ask, did you purchase your Pajero?
Does any one have any information on the Toyota Lucida which looks good on the internet but may or may not be up close.† I am in the U.S.A. and am trying to get a preliminary idea where to look when I get there for a vacation.† We will be staying in Pangasinan so getting to Manila is a real hassle and I don\'t want to have to do it too often.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Arlie

I purchased it second hand from its original owner. But they\'re not difficult to find here at all.

Offline newboy

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »
† † This is an interesting topic. While traveling around the Philippines in September, I saw many of the custom made jeeps. They were VERY abundant around Baguio and San Fernando. I found myself fascinated with them. Never really got a close look at one but the little boy in me wanted one badly. Iíll have to buy something when I get to Dumaguete in February. Here is a pic of my ride here in Indonesia. 1980 FJ40 hardtop. 4000 cc gas engine. Donít know the miles per gallon. Iíve always been afraid to know. I call it MY BLUE HOBBY. Just put it up for sale. Has to be gone by January.† † †
Vaughn

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mangohenry

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »
Hi,
I have read a posting by Fred and others of March this year re \"Wranglers \"
Has anyone come through with any further infomation on where and if and the current prices of these vehicles?

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 04:12:57 PM »
If you want the current prices for the home built wrangler (owner jeep ) just go to adpost† † http://www.adpost.com/ph/† † there are 100\'s of them on there from 25,000 peso up, most are hard riding at speeds over 40 kilometers an hour unless built on an old Pajero chassis

Good luck

Tom

Offline schoonerman

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »
There are several excellent jeepney builders in cagayan, Allison and Domsall. These are top of the range jeepneys for carrying passengers, but they were not interested in building owner style jeeps . San pablo City, Lucena is the jeepney capital of the world and you can bprobably find a builder there to build to spec. in 1999, Blessed Motors built me jeepneys to ship to europe, to UK SVA spec. at 300K peso and 1600 US Dlrs for shipment.

I am still looking for the perfect owner jeep builder who can build to my design and spec, and also a MG - TF sportscar replica.

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 04:30:20 AM »
One of my \'one day\' plans is to buy a used owner Jeepney and rebuild it with mild V8 power and running gear that is set up for the weight of the car. I see some of the suspension systems they use and they are literally solid.

Friend of mine in AC has an Austin Healey replica, off the road, and there are at least two others driving around. There was a mould doing the rounds several years ago, but I don\'t know who has it now.

I\'m building my own hot rodded replica of a† 1928 Model A Roadster pick-up. Should be fun getting this registered....

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog