Author Topic: Airport security fee.....  (Read 2462 times)

Airport security fee.....
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:26:05 AM »
Well, I\'m finally taking my trip to the Phils with asawa.  Maybe to stay this time, if not, better chance then I\'ll be back before years end to stay.  But that\'s then.  I purchased my tickets today.  I was told that there could always be a \"security airport fee\" based on the airport, and their relationship with the airline I am on when i arrive.  I am taking Delta, and going int Manila.  I guess my question is will that be something i should be expecting to pay when I arrive in Manila?  Thank you for any help.
Joseph

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: Airport security fee.....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
When you arrive nothing to pay.

When you leave everyone pays the airport fee.  In addition Philippine citizens and residents pay a travel tax.  If your wife enters on a Philippine passport I believe she will have to pay the travel tax when leaving even if she is not a resident of the Phl.  The travel tax is probably what you were \"told\" about.  Some airlines will include this travel tax in the cost of the ticket.  If it is included in the ticket (see your itemized receipt) anyone not required to pay this tax is entitled to a refund from the Phl government.  There is a desk at the airport to apply for this refund.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
When you arrive nothing to pay.

When you leave everyone pays the airport fee.  In addition Philippine citizens and residents pay a travel tax.  If your wife enters on a Philippine passport I believe she will have to pay the travel tax when leaving even if she is not a resident of the Phl.  The travel tax is probably what you were \"told\" about.  Some airlines will include this travel tax in the cost of the ticket.  If it is included in the ticket (see your itemized receipt) anyone not required to pay this tax is entitled to a refund from the Phl government.  There is a desk at the airport to apply for this refund.
If I may add 1 more item....Foreigners both visitors & residents do not have to pay the RP Travel Tax. This tax only applies to persons traveling on an RP passport. For example, when I travel, I don\'t pay because I\'m using a US Passport. God Bless......
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline MikeBal

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
When we left last month, the airport fee was still P750 each.
Mike from San Antonio

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:17:04 AM »
In Manila the fee is P750, in Cebu it is P550.  Those are for international flights.  To fly domestic from Cebu is P200.  I have no idea what Manila domestic fee is because I avoid it like the plague.   :P
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
In Manila the fee is P750, in Cebu it is P550.  Those are for international flights.  To fly domestic from Cebu is P200.  I have no idea what Manila domestic fee is because I avoid it like the plague.   :P
It\'s the same Greg (P200). God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
If I may add 1 more item....Foreigners both visitors & residents do not have to pay the RP Travel Tax. This tax only applies to persons traveling on an RP passport. For example, when I travel, I don\'t pay because I\'m using a US Passport. God Bless......

Most permanent resident foreigners e.g. on a 13 A visa are required to pay the travel tax when leaving the Phl.  (Permanent resident foreigners on an SRRV retirement visa do not have to pay the travel tax.)  Even people on tourist visas who stay more than 1 year are required to pay the travel tax (in addition to getting an exit clearance certificate).

http://www.philtourism.com/ttax.html

The travel tax is a levy imposed by the Philippine government on the following individuals who are leaving the country irrespective of the place where the air ticket is issued and the form or place of payment, as provided for by Presidential Decree (PD) 1183, as amended:
A. Citizens of the Philippines;
B. Permanent resident aliens whose immigration status maybe any of the following:
Sec. 13   Quota or Preference Immigrant Visa
Sec. 13 A   Visa issued to an Alien Spouse of Philippine Citizen
Sec. 13 B   Child born outside the Philippines by a 13A Mother
Sec. 13 C   Child born in the Philippines by a 13A Mother
Sec. 13 D   Loss of Citizenship by a Filipino Woman by her Marriage to an Alien
Sec. 13 E   Returning Resident
Sec. 13 G   Former Natural-born Citizen of the Philippines who was Naturalized by a Foreign Country
TRV   Temporary Residence Visa
RA 7919   Alien Social Integration Act of 1995
RC /RFC   Recognition as Filipino Citizen
RA 7837   Permanent Resident
C. Non-resident aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one(1) year.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:43 PM »
Some airlines, Cathay Pacific on tickets purchased within the Phl, for example, include the travel tax in the cost of the ticket.  So some people may have paid the travel tax and not even known it.  If you are not required to pay the travel tax and it is included in the cost of the ticket you have to apply to the Phl government for a refund (not the airline).

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »
My bad, but what is 13A?  My wife is pinay still.  She has permenant resident visa.  She is applying this week for her passport/visa at the consulate in Chicago.  When her sister and friends did it, only took a couple weeks to get theirs, hope it works same for her, or we are in trouble with the tickets purchased already.  :-[
I was told by the consulate also, that at age 18, my son can go to the consulate and declare his citizenship to be pinoy.  Now, this was over 3 years ago that i talked to him, is that still the same?  Still have 3 years before that day comes, and it will probably change again, but just curious.  We plan on taking him to the phils with us withing a year. Maybe next summer while school is off.  Thanks for any help.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 12:07:57 AM »
My bad, but what is 13A? 
A 13A is a permanent residency visa for *you* from the Philippines
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »
My bad, but what is 13A? 
A 13A is a permanent residency visa for *you* from the Philippines

The Philippines equivalent of a \"Green Card\" for foreigners married to Filipino citizens
Louisville, KY USA

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 07:14:59 AM »
Came Back to the Usa from Bohol end of April was P750

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »
Came Back to the Usa from Bohol end of April was P750

That\'d be via Manila (exit point from Philippines) I\'m guessing.....no direct flights from Tagbilaran, Bohol to international destinations

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
CaptainRon  you Could Be Right But i remember Paying a fee at The Tagbiliaran Airport for what i don\'t remember and how Much i don\'t Remember yes P750 was at Manila.....Dave

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog