Author Topic: Moonshine  (Read 18055 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Moonshine
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »
Anybody got a still workin, or even thoght about mixin up a batch of mountain dew?

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Moonshine
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
Nice spelling...
LOL too much sugar from the Easter candy.

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
Nice spelling...
LOL too much sugar from the Easter candy.

RUFUS

Rufus,

I hear it can have some unexpected side effects  :o I will stick to my whiskey I think  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
i think turnin out a lil 80 proof tuba would be just what the doctor ordered.

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »
i think turnin out a lil 80 proof tuba would be just what the doctor ordered.

Yeah..Its called Lambanog.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
Lambanog... sounds yummy.
here is a link to a solar still website.
It is for water but I think this could be used for alcohol as well.
might not be too tasty for drinking, but may work well for a fuel alcohol..
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline RUSTYWATTS

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:04:26 PM »
i have it on good authority  theres one of the finest dew drippers in the phils operating on bohol<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a> can even be burned in ye old multicab in cases of emergency......  wasteful  in my opinion but works......rusty in bohol/    prev.tenn/arkansas/missippee

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 06:19:32 AM »
Rusty!

Glad to see you made it to the forum! 

Jack
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Ted

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »
I brewed some beer with grain I brought from the states. I brought the live yeast also, in a cooler.

It turned out pretty good but it wasn’t a hit with the locals. They are not used to a well hopped IPA. I greatly enjoyed it.

I had a lot of help brewing and bottling.  The picture (if it shows up) is the ice water cooling the wort (unfermented beer) prior to fermentation. Lots of fun.

I couldn’t find malted barley while I was there.  Nobody knew what it was.  Homebrewing (beer) is nonexistent as far as I can tell.  If anyone figures out a supplier for malted barley, let me know.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 12:14:36 AM »
Yes...
I don\'t see foreign beers being much of a hit in the provinces, but in the bigger cities it could be a little more \"trendy\" to give it a try...
I am not looking to make a business brewing or distilling. I am thinking along the lines of a time killing hobby  :).
But who knows, some tasty micro brew might be a good profit maker selling to eateries that cater to foreign tastes
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 03:37:46 AM »
I had a co-worker who like to home brew, he used to mix dark roasted espresso into his brew, bottle it and drink later. It was like drinking Guiness and 20 minutes later getting hit up the side of the head with a 2x4.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 06:52:43 AM »
I had a co-worker who like to home brew, he used to mix dark roasted espresso into his brew, bottle it and drink later. It was like drinking Guiness and 20 minutes later getting hit up the side of the head with a 2x4.

Wayne

Many years ago, I used to make wine but also made a few batches of beer from kits. The quantities were too great just for me so I only made it for parties. I had a neighbour who was a regular heavy drinker and after just a few pints, after he went home he fell in his bath and spent the rest of the night there. After making beer I found that pub beer was week and gassy. Perhaps someone could find a way of importing a few kits here, it would be a lot easier than trying to source all the ingredients locally.

Colin

Offline Ted

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 12:53:33 PM »
I didn’t try to sell any; I gave it away when the neighbors finished final exams.  When I was in college I’d drink what was available (nothing much has changed).  But the neighbor kids didn’t really like it. It was too strong and bitter.  I gave it away at my friend’s reception. It was popular but anything would have been popular that night.

San Mig is not much of a beer but it fits the climate. Downing beer is just too easy and a heavy beer like a 5.X or 6.x is just too much in the Philippines.  Especially when you start at noon.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
i have it on good authority  theres one of the finest dew drippers in the phils operating on bohol<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a> can even be burned in ye old multicab in cases of emergency......  wasteful  in my opinion but works......rusty in bohol/    prev.tenn/arkansas/missippee

Welcome Rusty.....see you in a few weeks in Tagb  :)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 12:45:52 AM »
Fish
Not sure where to get malt over there but I did find a site that tells how to make small batches...
Try this...

http://byo.com/feature/284.html

i think one could substitute rice for the grains without any problems... just would give a different taste to the final product.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog