Author Topic: airport fee leaving Philippines  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: airport fee leaving Philippines
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Good info on your experiences of different fees.

My gf and I will have our vacation in Singapore in a few months....I wonder what the ever-changing fees will be then.

Report back to us and that way we\'ll all be kept up to date.†  ;)†  :)
Louisville, KY USA

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
Has the departure fee been eliminated temporarily for tourists? My wife (Philippine citizen) and I are visiting for two weeks in April. What airport taxes should we expect upon our departure back to the U.S? †??? ??? ???

Terminal Fee: P550

Travel Tax

The travel tax does not have to be paid by tourists unless they have been in the Phl for more than 1 year.  Citizens and permanent residents pay the travel tax when they leave the Phl.

If your wife (Philippine citizen traveling on a Phl passport) is a permanent resident of another country and is in the Phl for less than 1 year she is exempt from the travel tax but she would need to get an exemption certificate.

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-who-can-avail-of-travel-tax-exemption--reduced-rate-and-what-are-the-documents-required.php

Thanks Suzuki. Anything I can save is worth it\'s weight in food and SMB! Leaving U.S. in 18 days and will post anything we find different on our return.

Offline clbattles

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
ok guys and gals latest update...my fiancee arrived yesterday in Denver and all went well...she paid P1625 and P550 to get out of the country...they told her the P550 would go up soon...also she went to Guam and Honolulu...I took for granted she would have her paper looked at in Honolulu but wrong...her big immigration check was in Guam where they took her to a side room to go through her papers...she only had 1 1/2 hour layover and they held the plane for her to get on...then in Honolulu immigration took more of her papers but no biggie...she did have a little trouble finding her gate there...all in all not so bad she said she could do it easy if she had to do again by herself...happy campers†  :) ;)
Carl

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »
Carl
Guam is considered a POE (Point of Entry) for immigration as it is a U.S. Territory. Your fiance was subject to the departure fees because she is not considered Balikbayan or a living abroad Filipino, in which case, would be exempt from departure tax. I\'m still uncertain though as a tourist of less than 21 days whether I\'m going to be subject to airport fees.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 06:31:58 AM »
You will pay a terminal fee as you exit virtually every airport in the Philippines, domestic as well as international. †Everyone is subject to that, unless their airfare includes the fee (which some domestic airlines do). †But you, as a tourist, will not have to pay the Filipino citizen travel tax.

Trust me. † ;):)
Louisville, KY USA

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
Unless I get really tanned while I am there!

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 07:25:51 PM »
I Paied 550p in Manila to exit this week.. Last year was 750p hope it dont go up again you never Know there...Dave

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
Departing Manila last week, the terminal fees were Php550 p/person. Domestic terminal fees, both Manila and Calbayog City (Samar) were Php200 each way. On a more positive note, the domestic terminal is absolutely 1st world and they have done a great job with it. Can\'t say the same for NAIA\'s older main terminal....still warm, humid, and blasť.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog