Author Topic: Return Ticket Requirement to be Enforced  (Read 12558 times)

Offline JD

• Sr Member
Re: Return Ticket Requirement to be Enforced
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 04:10:36 AM »
This is excellent and timely information for my wife and me. Thanks for this thread. OP and thanks for contributing youse guys.

Offline Lei

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 05:03:04 AM »
Last month when I flew back home, I booked a one way ticket thru PAL. I was asked to present a proof of Filipino citizenship, Pilipino passport or dual citizenship certificate.

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
On my return from Kuala Lumpur last September the Cebu Pacific ticket counter agent made me show my ongoing ticket before she would issue me a boarding pass to leave Malaysia.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »
When I went back to the US for brief visits, Delta accepted my ACR-I card (13A) as proof that I belonged there and said, "Have a nice trip". God Bless......
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
I just got my 13a visa, here in the states. I'll be going to the Philippines in a couple weeks. I don't have an ACR-I card yet. All I have is the visa sticker in my passport. It's valid for a year and marked, multiple entry. Will the airlines require me to have an onward ticket? It's Delta, btw.
Thanks

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Normally with a 13a Permanent Resident Visa already stamped in your passport, you should not require a return or on-ward ticket, but then again if you are dealing with Delta Airlines they just might stop you from boarding, unless you can convince them otherwise or have some proof in writing that a return ticket is not required and a one-way ticket to the Philippines should suffice!
You may want to get a cheap throwaway ticket just in case since you don't have your ACR I-Card yet, but if you're traveling with your Filipina wife then an on-ward ticket is not required using with BB program, but make sure the BI official at NAIA does not stamp your passport with the BB stamp! Tell them you are a 13a visa holder!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:29:03 PM by Art, "Just a re(tired) Fil-Am" »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »
My suggestion would be to email the bureau of immigration at
binoc_immigration@hotmail.ph
it may take a few days to a week for a reply, tell them your exact situation ie exactly what is stamped in your passport and ask them if you need a onward ticket. I am pretty sure their return email will say no, and then print that and use that when and if Delta refuses you a boarding pass, as they have done with me year after year insisting I need a visa (I enter as a BB) and only once I show them the law and an email reply I received from the BI do they relent.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
Here's a few more POC; (632) 465 2400 local 205 (ARD), e-mail xinfo@immigration.gov.ph and or visit their media accounts, officialbureauofimmigration on Facebook and @immigrationPH on Twitter.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 11:11:27 PM »
Thanks guys

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 06:03:45 AM »
Delta can be quite an ass sometimes.When we came back from Thailand.they asked for proof I was traveling as BB holder and ask for the marriage lis.and made a phone call to ask.then no problem.that was in Thailand check in desk.so make sure also to carry a copy of the BB laws. and a copy of marriage lis.If traveling as BB.

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 06:38:31 AM »
Hi,

Just for your information, I had booked a return flight from Vancouver to Manila via PAL. When I checked in at the PAL counter last week in Vancouver, they saw that I had a return flight booked, but they asked me if I had the itinerary printed out in case Immigration in Manila asked for proof.
So, it seems to me that not only should one have proof for the airline, but also have it available in case BIR asks for it upon arrival.

Thomas

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 08:54:38 AM »
It seems Facebook is the fastest way to get information from BI. This is their reply:

Dear Sir,
Good day! Please be informed that you do not need to secure a return ticket since you are a Non-quota Immigrant Visa holder by marriage. However, upon arrival, kindly apply for your ACR I-Card at the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila. Thank you!
-MDMC

Offline mwheeler311

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:31 AM »
Just a little update. I caught my flight to Phils Thurdsay. I stopped at the Delta check-in and the guy asked for a return ticket. I showed him the VISA in my passport, he said ok and printed my boarding passes. Didn't even have to show the emails I got from BI. So yay for Delta. My flight got to Phils 2 hours late because of the typhoon in Japan, but other than that it was a good trip. It's good to be home.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 05:39:39 AM »
Thanks for the follow up. Enjoy your stay.

I guess then the answer with Delta is that as long as a person has a visa then Delta should be happy and let them board.

As for the BI letter, always better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »

I guess then the answer with Delta is that as long as a person has a visa then Delta should be happy and let them board.

Better clarify that. I don't think an ordinary 'tourist' visa will be acceptable by any airline as waiver from onward flight proof. Mwheeler' s is different.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog