Author Topic: Cost of living in your area compared to home  (Read 21154 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Cost of living in your area compared to home
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »
We have all the major US stuff in our area Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Shakeys, KFC.  Bout the only ones we patronize are McDo and Shakeys. 

Personally I prefer burgers in the back yard on the grill. 

Tonight was pork burgers.  Mixed half kilo meat with a big package of dry oatmeal, spices, liquid smoke.  It made 8 big ol burgers and could not tell I used filler.

The secret is in using good condiments.

Have not bought supermarket beef in 6 months since I was sold something I suspect was donkey or horse meat.

Oatmeal is an excellent filler.  We use it when we make meat loaf.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
Just out of curiosity, where did that meat come from that was in those grilled back yard burgers?
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »
yes Gray wolf your rite on its good for meat loafs to but I wonder about inside pork Burgers I been here about 4 years and never seen any liquid smoke here I used that stuff for Deer Jerky and and my Hamburgers to.would love to find it .I want to add  in wilcon just outside of Batangas city  they have very nice smokers and Grills just like in the USA and no so high price and they have Hickory wood chunks the large smokers where 8000 and smaller one was 6000 and others to,gram them while they last..I didnt buy one next month im getting me one..

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:37 AM »
For liquid smoke check the larger supermarkets, especially in the "imported" aisles or in the seasonings section.  I've found things on aisles I would never have guessed they would be on.

That's great news about the smokers and hickory chunks!  Now get out there and smoke sumpin'!   ;) :D :D :D 8) 8)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
there goes that Red Neck lingo  comming out of the wood works LOL joke lang havent bought one yet but I wish I purchased some hickory chips .I hade to stop eating baboy and baca my high blood came back the funny thing is after I started back on my pills and stoped the salt and pig meat high blood went back down now no more pills go figure.yes goona sneak some beef Brisket later but my wife wont like me using one whole gas can to cook it .hehe.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2013, 01:38:56 AM »
there goes that Red Neck lingo  comming out of the wood works LOL joke lang havent bought one yet but I wish I purchased some hickory chips .I hade to stop eating baboy and baca my high blood came back the funny thing is after I started back on my pills and stoped the salt and pig meat high blood went back down now no more pills go figure.yes goona sneak some beef Brisket later but my wife wont like me using one whole gas can to cook it .hehe.

This is one big reason I want to have the ability to use gas or charcoal/wood.  Gas grills are great for quick, clean grilling jobs.  But for a serious chunk of meat, especially brisket which has a more fatty content, you need wood/charcoal for a long, smoky roast.  Low and slow to remove the excess fat and give it a full flavored smoke roast.
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
yep I sure miss my USDA top choice slab of Beef Brisket slow cooked and smoked for about 18 hours on 225  with Fat side up with a water pan under then I wrapped it in foil for 2 hours or until we went to the park then open chop or pull and add your favorite sauce.served with fries or chips sooo good ...

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »
I haven seen or had a USDA Beef Brisket in over 15 years! I think tomorrow, I'll have some one find me a fat steer, cow or water buffalo (close enough) and have some briskets, ribs, rib eye steaks and or any part of it that's tender and juicy!  ??? :o ;) I'm serious, because just the other week a friend mine and I were just talking about it! Maybe it's time! May not be a USDA choice cut, but it'll do!  ;D

Here's what I just posted on my friend's FACEBOOK:
Can we buy a whole medium size steer (no buffalo) and have a BBQ there at your new place? - Art
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:55:18 PM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
Thats for sure ART sounds like a plan that needs to come togather. :D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:35 AM »
Now you're talking Art!  Go for it!  Take photos for us!!   :D :) :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
Reply on FACEBOOK from my friend with his new 1 bedroom house build on his 800 sq meter property in Lipa, Batangas!
Only a couple more weeks to completion!
Art, sure can, we can pig out all day, all night.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:48:01 AM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog