Author Topic: Flooring: Wood Laminate vs. Tile?  (Read 16000 times)

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
Re: Flooring: Wood Laminate vs. Tile?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
Hi Graham

There is an outlet for the carpet rugs that you mentioned at the Robinson's Mall just down the road, I agree, they don't look all that good.

I am not sure where the carpet came from as the contractor arranged it, but it was delivered in a roll similar to back home and laid with a foam underlay of reasonable quality.

If you like I can inquire from the contractor who they used to supply and lay the carpet.  Same method used ie: smoothedge and laying technique.

Cheers
Brett
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »
I'd go for the tile solution. Ceramic tiles can be cheap or expensive or in between. But get an experienced guy to lay them for you so they will last for years. Ask friends for recommendations if you don't know anybody. The going rate in my area is 300 - 500 pesos per day.

Richard

Offline Murphy

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »
I stayed at a couple places my last visit.
Carpeted rooms were smelly....damp and whatever came in contact with them....they sprayed the heck out of them before letting me in the room....still didnt work.

The next place had tile floors.....much better....plus the A/C cools them down...cool to touch....and no lingering smells.

Murph

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »

I refrain from commenting more as it has been previously pointed out to me that I make too many posts and comments, even though my comments and questions referred to my not understanding many of the American terms and sayings.

BK

Brett, that's BS.  No one has told you that you post too much.  If you want carpeting, go for it.  Put it on your walls if you like.  We're just giving you our opinions and options.   8)   
Louisville, KY USA

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
Hi Graham

There is an outlet for the carpet rugs that you mentioned at the Robinson's Mall just down the road, I agree, they don't look all that good.

I am not sure where the carpet came from as the contractor arranged it, but it was delivered in a roll similar to back home and laid with a foam underlay of reasonable quality.

If you like I can inquire from the contractor who they used to supply and lay the carpet.  Same method used ie: smoothedge and laying technique.

Cheers
Brett

Brett, I've been sick with the flu mate, so am a bit tardy replying to you.
Thanks mate, but I was just curious about the availability of carpet here.
I would not have thought it was popular in this climate.
Would not be good in my house as my yard consists of sand. Cannot help
tracking it into the house. Can you imagine the state of the carpet after a while?
No "Dyson" bagless cleaners in CDO as far as I'm aware. Can you imagine trying
to find bags here on CDO?? Not much chance of that I would think.

Graham

Funnily enough, I was looking at vacuum cleaners

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog