Author Topic: Concrete Dome Homes  (Read 12776 times)

Offline John Edwards

• Sr Member
Re: Concrete Dome Homes
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 12:25:15 AM »
Colin, you are right, most houses here in the US would be ovens there in the tropics.
I have watched the temperatures in both countries for the last 4 years and there are places here in the US that gets hotter than the Philippines. Some houses here are oven. Without the use of AC 24 hours a day for 4 month of the year they would pretty much be unlivable. The sun might not hit quite as hard but we also lack the breezes coming in off the water in most places.

I looked at all the plans posted and some look good, but I am already in love with this one. I am not so stubborn that I refuse to concsider any other plan so Iíll keep looking.

The house plan I posted is popular in the southeast US because it is cooler. From Texas eastwards all the deep south we have similar temps as PI, very hot and humid, and this house plan works well there. Adding a big fan in the bird house as Tally suggested would pull the air in from the porch and move it out the top, helping whatever breezes is blowing outside.

I can get the plans drawn to use hollow block instead of wood for the exterior walls and if I can find the right builder there I think that will soon be my home.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog