Author Topic: air travel from Clark to San fernando LU?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline swandivr

• Sr Member
air travel from Clark to San fernando LU?
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any flights between Clark and SanFernando LU?The airport here in SanFernado looks to have been out of commission for some time now,kind of discouraging when you have to tell friends that they will have to take the bus and spend another 6-8 hours before they reach destination.Anyone have any info?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: air travel from Clark to San fernando LU?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
A bus ride would be only 3-4 hours, not 6-8.  We rode the bus from Manila to Vigan and it took just under 8 hours. 

I have checked using my normal search criteria but kept getting this message:

"No flights were found between Angeles City, Philippines (CRK-Diosdado Macapagal Intl.) and San Fernando, Philippines (SFE) that matched your request"

At least you now have the correct airport call signs to use in your search.  :)

Good luck!

Gray Wolf
Admin
Louisville, KY USA

Offline swandivr

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »
Yeah...I didn't think that the airport here had reopened.It closed up right after Baguio airport closed and they announced that Baguio traffic would go thru San Frenando.I think they were remodeling and upgrading this airport to an "International" airport and it has never reopened.Which probably means somebody pocketed all the money,before the project was completed....or somebody somewhere didn't get his gratuity.

I have never driven from Clark to SFO,so I don't have a clue how long it takes.My friend is recovering from a serious medical challenge,and would like to avoid taking the bus.Who can blame him for that. :)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:41:39 AM »
I have never driven from Clark to SFO,so I don't have a clue how long it takes.My friend is recovering from a serious medical challenge,and would like to avoid taking the bus.Who can blame him for that. :)

You might consider driving yourself.  Not only could you two catch up on things, but you could stop whenever he needed a break, point out special places of interest, etc.  Many times I have driven for hours to help out a friend. 
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »
On subject of airports, I was looking at going to Vigan this summer to tread on GW's turf. Was looking at air transport from Manila as I read that SeaAir (Tiger) has twice weekly flights into Vigan. After reviewing those websites it doesn't appear that is true. Can anyone confirm this as true or not flights into Vigan from Manila?

Offline swandivr

• Sr Member
Re: air travel from Clark to San Fernando LU?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »

I had already considered driving,and may well do that anyway.I haven't been to Manila in quite some time.I'd actually like to go there and go to that big garden center.Then we could pick my friend up on our way back.I was looking for a flight because I know he was looking for a way to avoid the drive.

And yes,I could have done a search...but then we wouldn't have had this little chat. ;) the boards are as much a social place as informational....at least in my humble opinion. :)

Medic.I'm sorry I can't help you any....

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »
my wife's says her mom always flies into vigan on Cebu Pacific no I haven't researched this justs asked them because they have relatives there.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:22 PM »
The Vigan Airport is classified as a community airport by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.  I can't find any commercial domestic flights scheduled.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:51:01 PM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
okay Let me find out in her morning here shes asleep now,maybe she will shed some light on this travel to vigan.because they have been telling me lets just fly there cause the drive is to long then use services there .I was quoting from them without personal research next time I will do better gw.maybe saying flying from clark air base
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:59:47 PM by wildbill »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:23:53 PM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »
they use philippine Airlines fly to Laoag, Ilocos Norte then they catch a van going to vigan thats the way they go she got mad at me for waking her up lol I hope it helps.

Art thats good to know to manila airport is closer to me nothing here in san Juan going there only for hire vans maybe a boat from batangas city I need to research
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:02:42 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 12:12:02 AM »
they use philippine Airlines fly to Laoag, Ilocos Norte then they catch a van going to vigan thats the way they go she got mad at me for waking her up lol I hope it helps.

Art thats good to know to manila airport is closer to me nothing here in san Juan going there only for hire vans maybe a boat from batangas city I need to research

The links Art provided are from Clark Airfield, not Manila. 
Louisville, KY USA

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
well I know arts links are from Clark but philippine airlines flies to laoag I have no link to show from philippine airlines its what her mom tells me because they also are from vigan and still have relatives there,maybe art can find more info since he seems Tobe very good at this.sorry no link .

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
I just looked into Booking to LAOAG from Manila philippines then going to Vigan ---- heres a link or you just go to philippine airlines and enter manila to LAOAG. when you get off the plane ride a van to vigan from there very cheap flights to vigan and fiesta packages too-----
https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/flypal/AirFareFamiliesFlexibleForward.do

Art, thanks for the links to Seair and also Tiger air lots of good saving there im gonna use them instead of always using cebu or philippine airlines.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:46:05 AM by Gray Wolf »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog