Author Topic: Airlines may impose fees on late passengers  (Read 1072 times)

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Airlines may impose fees on late passengers
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »
http://www.philstar.com/business/2013/05/18/943252/airlines-may-impose-fees-late-passengers-cab

MANILA, Philippines - The Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) said local and foreign airlines are allowed to adopt measures to address higher administrative costs brought about by passengers that come in late for their flights.

CAB executive director Carmelo Arcilla said in text message to The STAR...

...Last May 15, national flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) started imposing late check-in fee and re-accommodation fee of P1,500 per passenger. This would help late passengers to board on the same flight as well as re-accommodate passengers who wish to board to an earlier flight.

In a memorandum dated May 7, PAL said it would impose a P1,500 for late check-in fee on passengers who would report at the check-in counter less than 45 minutes prior to departure...

Offline Beancounter

Re: Airlines may impose fees on late passengers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »
In  principle I agree with this.

But when I last flew from Cebu to Manila on PAL, I arrived 90 mins before the flight, the check in queues were horrendous with only 3 check in desks trying to check in an entire Jumbo of people and I reached the front of the queue only 15 mins before departure, AND there was still a long queue behind me.

So I hope they will measure it from the queue itself and not the time of check-in which can be a long time later.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog