Author Topic: Bacolod vs Dumaguete?  (Read 3841 times)

Offline franz1213

Bacolod vs Dumaguete?
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:24:41 PM »
Is it better to live in Bacolod? or in Dumaguete?

Anyone can give suggestion?

I am planning to move but I want to know first the opinion of the people live in there..

Hope you can help me!

Thanks!

Offline Oz Paul

• Sr Member
Re: Bacolod vs Dumaguete?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
I live in Dumaguete ?

Where do you live now ?

I have not been to Bacalod, so I can't comment on that City.

Dumaguete I believe is much smaller, and has no traffic lights, no stop signs, very few traffic signs at all apart from one way street signs.  Traffic is a nightmare, no rules of the road, and quite dangerous if you are riding a M/C.  Duma is widely known as the M/C capital of Philippines, due to the extremely high volume of bikes on the road. They park everywhere including footpaths (side walks for the Yanks, LOL) and pedestrians walk everywhere, on roads also.  Plenty of foreigners here.  Shopping is ok, with several Malls, including Robinsons. It is a smelly, dirty, noisy and busy little town.  I guess much the same as other places in Phil perhaps, although I have only been to Manila, Cebu, and Zamboanga City. 8)  As you have probably gathered, I am not 100% in love with Duma....................LOL :-\

Offline franz1213

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »
Thanks for you reply Oz-Paul.

Im in Cebu, Im planning to move but I want to check first for suggestion of these places...

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:13:24 PM »
Why not just stay on Cebu island and go west or south or even somewhat north of the city, that way you still have all the amenities of Cebu City available to you including the S&R Warehouse, other good supermarkets, international airport, many fine doctors and dentists and hospitals within a reasonable amount of drive time as well as a BI official office. Possibly a discussion on the disadvantages or items not available when living in those other places might be helpful as well in your decision. I know that I continually read on forums and know of people who live in those areas having to go to Cebu City when they need some of the above items.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:34:36 AM »
Is it better to live in Bacolod? or in Dumaguete?

Anyone can give suggestion?

I am planning to move but I want to know first the opinion of the people live in there..

Hope you can help me!

Thanks!

One of our List Guides on the Yahoo Group Livinginthephilippines3 lives in Bacolod, as does Steve and Myrlita on this forum.   I'm sure Steve will give you his dalawang centavos worth on his city.  I know Gary Mcmurrain the List Guide I speak of has high regards for Bacolod.

To see more from Gary you can join the LinP3 Yahoo Group here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LivingInThePhilippines3
Louisville, KY USA

Online Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 03:04:22 AM »
Ya had to wake me Jack??? Heehe. Yes I'm here. What would they like to know?
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:29 PM »
Ya had to wake me Jack??? Heehe. Yes I'm here. What would they like to know?

Sorry to wake you from your afternoon nap     :D :D

Franz1213 needs to hear your opinion of Bacolod.  I figure you would be able to give him the lowdown on most things Bacolod related
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog