Author Topic: A shoutout for Seashore Springs Resort  (Read 6989 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: A shoutout for Seashore Springs Resort
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 05:41:33 PM »
Joe, thats very cool, wouldn't it be cool to have a house like the last picture, but smaller

I agree.  After going there I told Tina I'd love to have a floor like that in our house as well as tables like that.  Since then we've found where we can get the tables.  I'm also sure the floor shouldn't be too hard, but I want a local worker.  The owners of that resort and Haven of Fun resort next to it are friends of Tina's.  I just doing want to pay housing and other things for the people who'll probably have to come from the Vicoria/Allen area. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:29 AM »
Joe, was that cabin pretty sturdy?  Giving me an idea for a cheap upper story for at least a temporary solution.

I'm more a wood floor man.  My brother-in-law had an upper level with a polished palm wood floor, would look forward to a walking on it barefoot each time I visited lol.  Can't explain it but it felt nice on your feet.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36:47 AM »
Joe, thats very cool, wouldn't it be cool to have a house like the last picture, but smaller

I was thinking the same thing when I saw these pics!    :D 

I like the nipa hut "cabin".  I can see how that would be very comfortable for sleeping.  The rooms are allowed to breathe
$65 for 3 days-2 nights including food, great deal!  Thanks for sharing!  :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 08:53:35 AM »
Joe, was that cabin pretty sturdy?  Giving me an idea for a cheap upper story for at least a temporary solution.

I'm more a wood floor man.  My brother-in-law had an upper level with a polished palm wood floor, would look forward to a walking on it barefoot each time I visited lol.  Can't explain it but it felt nice on your feet.

I was all over that cabin the first day to check it out.  The upper level was sturdy.  I walked all over it and not a single crack, creak, or bend in the floor.  I should look up more pics to show.  I have a lot.  The "setup" area right inside the door has a sink and counter to put your stuff(food and food prep) and then the lower bedroom easily held all of Tina's and my stuff, and the boys had a lot bigger room upstairs than what Tina and I had that allowed them to play around up there as well as the beach and all that was also available in the resort grounds.

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
Did the cabin have aircon?  If so curious how they insulated it.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »
Did the cabin have aircon?  If so curious how they insulated it.
No aircon.  Not needed.  I lived in nothing but heated and aircon for my life till I moved to the phils this time.  Now it does get hot in the house, but usually have a fan on me to help keep me good. 

When i was at Seashore Springs I put the fan on me and the nice breeze off the water and I was very comfortable. 

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »

Tina at the entrance of cabin.  Sink/counter to left, stairs going upstiars, then door on right is bathroom, door on left is to the outside from the back.

A view looking toward water from the front door of cabin.

View of cabin from the shore.

View out front door at night.  on the pole that supports the roof that goes through the table are the switches for the lights.  one for under the roof, one for higher up that shines light on the beach

A pic of the floor i use when talking to local builders to see if they can replicate the floor design from the dining area at the resort.

more pics from the resort

When you arrive at San Antonio Isla this is where you'll be taken to pay the "arrival fee".

The sad thing is, i only took pics from the side of the resort that I stayed in.  There is another half also with rooms to stay in.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:49:58 AM by JoeLP »

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Thats really nice if you like native and I do...can see me sitting out by the beach drinking some cold ones
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 05:03:55 PM »
Thats really nice if you like native and I do...can see me sitting out by the beach drinking some cold ones

Exactly.  For 700php a night, and the location and all the money you save...a beer on the beach or even at the table during high tide(the water does get withing 10 feet of the stairs) and relaxing is the way to go.

That was my plan, but that weekend was the conference for the Northern Samar educational leaders.  So Tina dragged me into the dining hall(Not telling me what's going on) and I saw a few friends(they are advisers for the Northern Samar educational board).  So I sat there and enjoyed some good food that they brought with them as well as sitting through some karaoke that went on for a few hours having cold drinks inside instead.