Author Topic: Check in thread for just saying hi  (Read 77712 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Check in thread for just saying hi
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
Here is some of the fireworks in Fort Lauderdale 2015 in case anyone wishes to watch them. It starts to get better as it goes on.

https://youtu.be/4-ACB5Lh37E
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline roger5396

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »
Hi everyone, I am moving there Aug 28 getting married sept 4 to a wonderfull lady I met in may and spent a month with. She is only 57 and I 80. Big difference. I just want to live the rest of my yrs there, I love the area and the people.I do want to get her a tourist visa so she can meet my relatives and also marry in the U S. hope this is not hard to get

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »
Hi everyone, I am moving there Aug 28 getting married sept 4 to a wonderfull lady I met in may and spent a month with. She is only 57 and I 80. Big difference. I just want to live the rest of my yrs there, I love the area and the people.I do want to get her a tourist visa so she can meet my relatives and also marry in the U S. hope this is not hard to get

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your relationship. If you wish to get answers about visas, then best to ask them in the Immigration Site section at the link below http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=111.0 and I am pretty sure members will give you the answers you need.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
FYI

I was in the Philippines from July 2 to July 25.

There to visit friends and relatives. Went to see a house a friend had just built up in the San Esteban/ Santiago area (Julies home town) Looked at a few properties to consider for buying.

Met a first cousin that I had never met before.

Went to Subic for the first time.

Went to Tagaytay and a few other places. didn't make it to Baguio this time.

There are a number of interesting things I came across that will become subjects of posts when I get the time.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
Roger,
Welcome from me too! We've been retired here going on 18 years now and still loving it here!
Besides, we have nothing back in N. California, except for my wife's immediate family, her mom, dad, brother, younger sister and her niece, we visit them once every 3 yrs. We were just there between 2 Feb and 5 Jun on vacation in San Jose, California, but we wouldn't want to retire there, just too expensive!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

• Sr Member
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »
FYI

I was in the Philippines from July 2 to July 25.

There to visit friends and relatives. Went to see a house a friend had just built up in the San Esteban/ Santiago area (Julies home town) Looked at a few properties to consider for buying.

Met a first cousin that I had never met before.

Went to Subic for the first time.

Went to Tagaytay and a few other places. didn't make it to Baguio this time.

There are a number of interesting things I came across that will become subjects of posts when I get the time.
If you went to Tagaytay, you probably just went past where we live in Sta Rosa, Laguna near Nuvali!
PM me next time when you will be in our area. Sorry I didn't get with you when we were in San Jose, just too busy at the time and running short of time and money. Our vacation in San Jose was very costly running around doing all of the paperwork for my SRRVisa, let alone our daily expenses for 4 months and airfare coming and going.
Now that we are back home and finally got my SRRVisa, I now have lots of time on my hands! 
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »
If you went to Tagaytay, you probably just went past where we live in Sta Rosa, Laguna near Nuvali! 

Oh yea. Turned off the freeway at the greenfield Pkwy exit. United Blvd to Laguna Blvd then left on to Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road. So Yea we went right past your house.

What I can say because Iíve seen it for myself is that the Santa Rosa area is one of the nicest looking areas you could hope to find in the Philippines.

Youíre clearly proud of the area as well you should be.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
The months are passing so fast as I age :( it will be February before long and we will be heading back to Cebu again for our yearly stay. For now we have been meeting up with a lot of people as well as friends from the Philippines, who now live in Florida. Anyone else feel like time is flying by as they get older? What is new in your lives?? For those who are not working, how do you fill your weeks?

• Sr Member
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2015, 11:29:17 PM »
Yeah Lee, we're both a year older now, but both of our lives here in the Philippines really hasn't changed much, except for our surroundings where we live, which made our lives a little bit more easier with the convenience of more shopping places, other business establishments and a bunch of eateries all over the place that have opened over the years and we no longer have to drive out of our way anymore for our shopping and other needs.
The only drawback is that everything is getting more expensive living in a nice suburban area with a more western modern style of living, but the traffic is getting worse especially during the holidays and weekends.  Well, that's the price one has to pay for progress and for a better comfortable retirement lifestyle.
At least now since my wife is a dual citizen and I finally obtained my permanent resident visa, we no longer have to leave the country to do anymore BB stamp runs and or visa extensions, we can just stay put in one place for awhile until the travel bug gets us in the mood again to travel whenever by land, sea and or air to wherever we feel like going to.
Life is still good in the Philippines after living here going on 18 yrs now!
It might be a long while before we plan another vacation to the U.S. in N. California, our last vacation back in February was just too expensive, but maybe after 3 yrs though we will return there just to visit my wife's family again.     
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2015, 10:01:01 PM »
Well it is almost Christmas, lights are up all over the place here and there is one house we pass on the way home that is fully decked out, boy is it beautiful, the guy has a donation box for those who stop by to help him pay his electric bill, I bet it is in the thousands of dollars a month.  :o The stores are pretty busy already and the post office is so busy that it is getting hard to find a parking space there.

Nila and I would love to be in the Philippines during this time of the year, one of these years, but the cost of the flights from here are outrageous in the holiday season and we also like to spend the holidays with our friends here too.

For Thanksgiving we have a fellow we met in Cebu one time like 7 or 8 years ago, he and his family drove down from Orlando to see us and we all went out for dinner, he and I had turkey and of course the girls and two boys had other meals, it was great making new/old friends.

Almost time for us to buy our tickets for Cebu, Nila will probably order them right after our credit card closes out at the end of this month, that way we have another month plus to pay for them and she is a better shopper than I am, she has much more patience to search all the flights.

The stock market has been a disaster this year, any of you who have 401k's might not wish to look at them, I sure hope what is happening to the stock market does not continue or get worse. :(

Well that is about it for now for us, Nila and I send you all the best for a very happy Merry Christmas, a great holiday season and for a fantastic 2016,

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »
Here are some photos Nila just sent me from her phone of the house.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »
More

Offline JamesC

• Nickleback99
  • Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Living the Dream!
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:16 AM »
My dad always told me that time goes faster every yr as you get older.  At 56, I know he was absolutely Correct!  It's like a blink of an eye that a yr goes by.  Yet, remember when a school day in elementary school seemed loooonnnggggg?  Same for football practice of just 2 hrs seemed like 10.  Now a day lasts like one second from back then.   Crazy!
"The Only Easy Day was Yesterday"

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2015, 03:30:30 AM »
Yep, it's true that life is like a roll of toilet paper - it goes faster towards the end!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog