Author Topic: Hobbies for expats what are yours?  (Read 7446 times)

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: Hobbies for expats what are yours?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 09:01:51 AM »
Nah, this over my head especially with it being Sunday morning.  Maybe another day I will try and read more in to it when I can comprehend easier.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline bcnorth

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
BudM, I agree with you, serious Sunday morning religious observance can  absolutely rattle one's mind.

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • Living in Puerto Princesa, Palawan
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 01:51:35 AM »
Shewmake's last post was in May 2014 and he has yet to come back on here since then maybe due to an injury he sustained. A few concerned members on here and myself has tried to get in contact with him to no avail.
As for Colin, he too hasn't yet posted on here since returning to the U.K., except for his last post in Jan of 2016, due too his wife's medical condition back in Jun of 2014. I hope he and his wife Bing are both doing fine.
So, bcnorth I would doubt if they will be able to reply to your post for uncertain reasons I've mentioned.
Anyway, interesting post concerning authors of books in Canada. Do you have any published books recently and what subjects are they?     

Hi Art, thanks for the good wishes, both Bing and are fine. I rarely read and post on here because my style of writing seemed to have upset some people and caused me to be banned a number of times.

Colin
Colin
Puerto Princesa, Palawan & London, UK

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 02:55:12 AM »
Colin,
welcome back! Good hear you and your wife are both fine and doing well and posting on here again. I too been lax lately in posting, but I try to contribute now and then eversince Lee's passing. I miss him terribly!
BTW, I bought a quadcopter drone recently and been tinkering with it lately. Expensive little hobby after each crash and burn.  ;) ;D :( :o
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 01:26:37 AM »
Colin,
welcome back! Good hear you and your wife are both fine and doing well and posting on here again. I too been lax lately in posting, but I try to contribute now and then eversince Lee's passing. I miss him terribly!
BTW, I bought a quadcopter drone recently and been tinkering with it lately. Expensive little hobby after each crash and burn.  ;) ;D :( :o

Hi Art, I am thinking of building a large electric sailplane for filming, what are the regulations for drones in the Philippines?

Colin
Colin

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 02:22:49 AM »
Go to the Google Play Store App under Drone Mapping and select what is best for you plotting your flight plan. I'm not that advance yet to know what I'm doing on a big scale drone. Let us know went you get started on your sailplane. Sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:30:03 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline trevor

• Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »
Well i have not been posting here for awhile, was never a frequent poster anyway. First off let me say Hi. to Colin. Good to see you back and to hear that you and the Mrs. is doing well.
Concerning hobbies i am of the physical type and i love to cycle (biking) So now i do a lot of bike riding. Average about 300 Km. per week. Where i live in North Luzon there are many roads where i can ride. Lots of mountains to climb.
I love road biking because as i see it is an investment into my health. 76 yrs. old and no medication as yet. All is good health wise and i can attribute that to my hobby or sport. I do not smoke or drink alcohol except for once in a while a little wine or just one beer. Try to get at least eight hours sleep and take naps sometimes. Weight is 145 lbs. but if i do not ride it can easily goes up to 160 lbs.
So that's it, cycling is my passion.
Oh i am sorry to hear of Lee's passing. He was a good contributor to this forum.
Never look down on anyone and always extend a helping hand. Tomorrow the role may be reverse.
Life is what you make it. Nothing to do with luck.

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 04:31:36 PM »
Well i have not been posting here for awhile, was never a frequent poster anyway. First off let me say Hi. to Colin. Good to see you back and to hear that you and the Mrs. is doing well.
Concerning hobbies i am of the physical type and i love to cycle (biking) So now i do a lot of bike riding. Average about 300 Km. per week. Where i live in North Luzon there are many roads where i can ride. Lots of mountains to climb.
I love road biking because as i see it is an investment into my health. 76 yrs. old and no medication as yet. All is good health wise and i can attribute that to my hobby or sport. I do not smoke or drink alcohol except for once in a while a little wine or just one beer. Try to get at least eight hours sleep and take naps sometimes. Weight is 145 lbs. but if i do not ride it can easily goes up to 160 lbs.
So that's it, cycling is my passion.
Oh i am sorry to hear of Lee's passing. He was a good contributor to this forum.

Thanks for the welcome back Trevor, its nice to know that my posts were missed. Less than half of them were recovered, some became attributed to BingColin and others just Guest. It would have been nice to get them all back.
Colin

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
Hi Art, thanks for the good wishes, both Bing and are fine. I rarely read and post on here because my style of writing seemed to have upset some people and caused me to be banned a number of times.

Colin

Colin,
You never really irritated me.
If you get banned again, email me.
I know a few of the admins...  ;D ;D ;D
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 01:47:32 AM »
Colin,
You never really irritated me.
If you get banned again, email me.
I know a few of the admins...  ;D ;D ;D

Hi Rufus, thanks  for the  support. I accept now that the post I made was thoughtless, someone got under my skin at the time, but I don't think it justified being wiped off the face of the forum. Fortunately Lee, and others, seem to have agreed. I have also been banned by moderators for private posts made outside of the forum!

Just out of interest, how many Admins are there now, I thought that there was normally only one? Also, is Don Herrington still the owner of the forum.

Colin
Colin

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
Hi Rufus, thanks  for the  support. I accept now that the post I made was thoughtless, someone got under my skin at the time, but I don't think it justified being wiped off the face of the forum. Fortunately Lee, and others, seem to have agreed. I have also been banned by moderators for private posts made outside of the forum!

Just out of interest, how many Admins are there now, I thought that there was normally only one? Also, is Don Herrington still the owner of the forum.

Colin
Lee banned me twice Colin, and probably justifiably so, I was being a dick.  Even after he banned me he shot me a few emails asking how I was.  Then eventually reinstated me both times. 

Offline Colin

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
    • The Philippine Journal
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
Lee banned me twice Colin, and probably justifiably so, I was being a dick.  Even after he banned me he shot me a few emails asking how I was.  Then eventually reinstated me both times.

I was more than just banned, my posts were retained but my name was deleted from them. There  must now be well over 1000 of my posts attributed to 'guest' that cannot be directly accessed 😒
Colin

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog