Author Topic: Fiance visa Part 2  (Read 2557 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Fiance visa Part 2
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:04 PM »
I did a search and found a fiance visa thread from 2009.  Maybe(hopefully) things are still the same.  if so, mods feel free to delete.

But, is it still that easy to get a fiance visa?  What do you need to go through to get one? 

Here's why I ask.  I married my ex in the usa(in court) an then when we sent to the filipino embassy in chicago, she registered there as my wife.  Then, from what I understand, the pinoy government sees us as married.(I could have been misled on that, not sure).
Now, we are divorced, so her and I are done and I have the divorce papers.   
The plan now would be to 2nd time around doing the same thing(seems it would save a lot of money seeing we are already planning on heading to the US).  Basically, get her there on a fiance visa, marry her in court, then hit the filipino embassy and registering as man and wife. 

Please point out any new possible changes in the fiance visa, or my plan. 

Thanks ahead.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
Re: Fiance visa Part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
Since you registered your first marriage you are probably "still married" in the Phl.  You need to get your NSO record changed.  Otherwise, you may have problems getting a fiance visa if they ask about your status in the Phl.  You will have problems after you register your second marriage.  You will have 2 recorded marriages at the NSO.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:48:31 PM »
I have the divorce cert to help with that.  I'm hoping that is all I need.  Going to do all the work except the civil union to Tina at the Chicago Consulate.  It's where I always have done the "consulate work" in the past.  Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:30:38 AM »
I have the divorce cert to help with that.  I'm hoping that is all I need.  Going to do all the work except the civil union to Tina at the Chicago Consulate.  It's where I always have done the "consulate work" in the past.  Hopefully it goes smoothly.
Curious how you were divorced in the Philippines?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »
Curious how you were divorced in the Philippines?
Wasn't.  In America. 
As mentioned in my OP, it all happened in Chicago.  Well, the marriage happened in Michigan, but getting it recognized happened in Chicago at the Philippine Consulate.  Then later, the divorce happened in Michigan also.  Just never went back, nor do I think my ex did either, to the consulate to make them privy to the change in our status. 

Offline UNGGOY

• BANNED for insulting members
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
Wasn't.  In America. 
As mentioned in my OP, it all happened in Chicago.  Well, the marriage happened in Michigan, but getting it recognized happened in Chicago at the Philippine Consulate.  Then later, the divorce happened in Michigan also.  Just never went back, nor do I think my ex did either, to the consulate to make them privy to the change in our status.

Well... unless things have changed, I don't think you need the CENOMAR. And the Legal Capacity is a joke. So technically, so long as she has a clear CENOMAR, you should be good.

If I recall, the USEM gives you 3 chances. After that it is a hassle.

But CR-1 is faster than K-1, even though that is contrary to the purpose of the K-1. Unless that has change too?
This member has been BANNED for repeatedly insulting other members.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:27:48 AM »
Well... unless things have changed, I don't think you need the CENOMAR. And the Legal Capacity is a joke. So technically, so long as she has a clear CENOMAR, you should be good.

If I recall, the USEM gives you 3 chances. After that it is a hassle.

But CR-1 is faster than K-1, even though that is contrary to the purpose of the K-1. Unless that has change too?

Yes, they both changed years ago. The CR-1 and K-1 visa take about the same amount of time. Depending on your specifics it can be as little as 90-120 days or a much as 1 year.
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH