Author Topic: passport is less than 6 months valid? Worry no more  (Read 6327 times)

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: passport is less than 6 months valid? Worry no more
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 05:44:56 PM »
Today I did a 2 month extension of my Tourist Visa(9a) at the Dasmarinas BI office.  They pointed out to me my passport expires 10 May 2017, I already knew that, DUH. :o  I told them I was aware of that and would renew my passport when I extend again in March 2017.  Per the OIC "I did you a favor this time because you are supposed to have 6 months validity on your passport".  Did not argue since that is my closest office and very convenient.  Maybe I am thinking wrong but if I can enter the country with less than 6 months validity, why can I not extend with less than 6 months validity.  I know that I am thinking as a Westerner and not a Filipino but wouldn't it be the same for entry as an extension? ::)

Chuck

PS:  I will apply for my passport later this week just not to have a problem.

Useless to point things out but the good news is that the passport can be picked up at your home and delivered back to you by Air21 the branch at the US Embassy only.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog