Author Topic: Guess My Electric Bill will Go Up  (Read 5353 times)

Offline chimellie

Re: Guess My Electric Bill will Go Up
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
Send me some of that heat, it's Spring time here in New England and it's still freezing here.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 07:13:41 PM »
I could not do without the a/c, I have a filter fan running in our condo and the dirt that comes out of the filters in both amazes me. In Florida I only change my filter ever few months and probably could get way with even longer, here, even one month seems to be too long.

As for your electric bill, maybe you can cut somewhere else, what type of a/c unit did you buy?

Cebu must have dirtier air than Paranaque.  I check my filters monthly and need to hose them usually once every two months when they have light dirt.  That includes one that runs almost all the time during the summer months.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
Cebu must have dirtier air than Paranaque.  I check my filters monthly and need to hose them usually once every two months when they have light dirt.  That includes one that runs almost all the time during the summer months.
Yes it must be, ever since they put in the coal power plant years ago, before that there was no issues here.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »
After having installed 3 ea Carrier brand inverter split-type A/Cs and an LG brand double door inverter refrigerator, our monthly electric bill is around P1,500 to P2,000 less.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »
I have gone through over two calendar years since I installed 3 Carrier splits although my inverter fridge I already had for a year is Samsung.  Still counting that, they have all knocked no less than 2.3k off my average electric bill.

One TV is an energy saving LG though.

Mistake corrected:  That is 3 years on the aircons and 4 on the fridge.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 01:46:36 AM »
I had an LG split inverter type A/C put in....haven't used it at all...sleep with the use a fan most of the time...must be getting used to the hot weather...hahaha!
This.  It's crazy.  My parents had AC since before I was born.  All window units till I was a senior in high school and they got their first central eat/air house setup.  When I moved here, I swore I would use nothing but AC night and day.  But, like you, I'm sitting in my room with a stand fan blowing around the room. There is a second one on my 2 year olds crib as, like his daddy, he needs the fan and cooler temps on his skin or he gets quite fussy.  But, that is all I need now.
I do think a part of this is the fact that i moved here full time right away and have not left for any extended stays elsewhere.  So my body, over 4 years has become use to the local climate.  So for over a year now I just use a fan at night.  And some nights are still pretty hot and the AC is turned on.  And during the days it's own all the time. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »
This.  It's crazy.  My parents had AC since before I was born.  All window units till I was a senior in high school and they got their first central eat/air house setup.  When I moved here, I swore I would use nothing but AC night and day.  But, like you, I'm sitting in my room with a stand fan blowing around the room. There is a second one on my 2 year olds crib as, like his daddy, he needs the fan and cooler temps on his skin or he gets quite fussy.  But, that is all I need now.
I do think a part of this is the fact that i moved here full time right away and have not left for any extended stays elsewhere.  So my body, over 4 years has become use to the local climate.  So for over a year now I just use a fan at night.  And some nights are still pretty hot and the AC is turned on.  And during the days it's own all the time.

I grew up in NY without air conditioning.  First I knew it existed was when I moved to Florida.  I have lived by central air conditioning since then.  Except here.  The house is well ventilated and I do not need aircon all time.  A couple of fans downstairs usually suffices all day except in late April, May, and most of June.  Then it is only sporadic that the downstairs air is needed.  Upstairs is a different story.  We keep it cool even a lot during the not so hot months even most of the day is spent downstairs.  It does not matter all that much cost wise except that if I don't run it up there more, it can be miserable.  When I lived in a condo the first year, I noticed how miserable it was if I did not run the air.  The thing was nothing but an oven and it was not even the top floor.  I had bills electric bills higher than I ever had in the US.  In the house, they run about the same if not a little cheaper.  Another thing is, to me, during the daytime it was hotter in Florida during the summer than it is here.  And the humidity was bad too.   The difference was that at least at night time in Florida, the heat would break a little and give things a chance for the temp to come down plus there would be the yearly break of temperatures and feel real good in the off summer months.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog