Author Topic: Hot Springs Laguna Area  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Hot Springs Laguna Area
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:49:39 PM »
Hey gang! Glo and I are planning a short "medical tourist" visit for October to get some dental work done. Afterwards we'd like to relax in a hot spring in the Laguna area, where I know they have many hot spring resorts. I'm interested only in hot springs in the Laguna area, no other islands. This has to be a day trip scenario for us. We'll be driving from our barangay near La Mesa Reservoir. Any suggestions? Website links would be great.

Thanks!  :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Hot Springs Laguna Area
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »
Los Banos has several. I know a few people in the area I can try and get recommendations.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »
Los Banos has several. I know a few people in the area I can try and get recommendations.

Please, kind sir
Louisville, KY USA

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »
Jack,

Calamba also has a few.  We are looking at that area for a late June trip for mother-in-laws birthday with the family of course about 20 in all.  We will book an overnighter for about 24 hrs.  Looking at renting a private house with pool.  They also rent for daytime or night time if you are taking all the family this may be an option.

http://www.lagunaspringresorts.com/
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
Jack,

Calamba also has a few.  We are looking at that area for a late June trip for mother-in-laws birthday with the family of course about 20 in all.  We will book an overnighter for about 24 hrs.  Looking at renting a private house with pool.  They also rent for daytime or night time if you are taking all the family this may be an option.

http://www.lagunaspringresorts.com/

A private house with pool, hmm? Now you got me thinking

Louisville, KY USA

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »
Gray Wolf I live in this area but have never used the hot springs they have guys on the road with mini signs for these hot pools, but I have no idea, sorry but most of these area's start south of Calamba all the way to just north of Los Banos Laguna, it's a short area but same area they have all the pool toys.

Los Banos sells those Buko pies and snacks some stores have premium pies and those run about 250 pesos each but are full sized thick pies.  There's a very good dentist spot and they do take the credit card in Sta Cruz Laguna, we've used them several times, really nice and the equipment is state of the art the prices are very reasonable, it's a dentist office second to none that I've ever been in called The Dental clinic Feliciano and associates in Sta Cruz Laguna, parking and guard there and mini stop just across the street same side it's on the second floor.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:54 PM »
Mmmmm! Buko pie! I bet they also have some good Buko Salad! Food is my only weakness... well, and beer  :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 09:28:40 AM »
Jack

I can tell you my experience FWIW.

Went thru that area in June last year and our driver kept talking about the hot springs and that there were houses you could rent for the afternoon or overnight and relax in their hot water pools. Since we were traveling thru the area and would need to find a place to stay overnight anyway we decided to find one of those places and stay the night there.

When you get into the town (Pansol?) you see these guys everywhere with signs advertising for houses with hot spring pools. Our driver stopped to ask a couple guys for directions but they donít just give you direction, what they want to do is take you to the place(s) theyíre representing.  These guys had a motorcycle but I think some of them want to ride in your car in which case if they get in your car youíre stuck with them until they find you a place you like and agree to rent. Apparently when you rent a place that they took you to and you agree to rent there the property owner then pay them a commission.  Since these guys had a motorcycle we followed them.

They took us to three different places and I found each of them to be totally disgusting filthy places I wouldnít consider renting. Maybe those places pay these guys a higher cut to get them to their dumps or theyíre all like that and the average Filipino thinks theyíre fine, I donít know. I have to assume there must be some nice places but these guys didnít show us anything nice. After the third place I was tired of looking at dumps. Our driver didnít understand and was going to continue following the guides but I told him I was done looking at dumps and to lose those guys on the motorcycle but they kept up with us and kept pointing at some new direction and never gave up.
Then just about at the end of town (we were headed south) I noticed a new place that was a motel that looked good to me and told the driver lets go there and check it out and thatís where we stayed.

The place had hotel rooms for overnight stay. They had five large hot spring pools.

a kiddy pool 30ft by 36ft about  12 -18 inches deep,

Kids pool 40ft by 50ft about 3ft deep.

the largest pool 45ft by 85ft about 4 1/2 ft deep.

A deeper pool 50ft by 60ft. the depth maybe 6ft, I donít know.

another pool 50ft by 35ft not sure of the depth.

They sold tickets for people (not staying at the hotel) to use the pools, I think they were Half day and all day tickets. And there were picnic areas along the sides that they rented and people could bring their own food and have a picnic lunch and then enjoy the hot spring pools.

They had a snack bar that served breakfast lunch and dinner, not bad.

The rooms were decent American quality and reasonably priced.

The next day when we left we picked up two Buko pies in Los Banos. Our driver said he allways buys the Buko Pies at the place that was the original baker that made Los Banos famous for their Buko pies. He said that after the original baker became successful for his Pies, many other bakers sprung up to copy his success. He claimed that the original baker made the best pies.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:49:36 AM by hitekcountry »

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »
I haven't been there personally yet, but since I have to make a trip to  the regional HLRUB office in Calamba anyway next week I plan to check out the rental we are looking at.  Since we are talking maybe 20 plus people I really don't want to pay for hotel/motel rooms for everyone. :'(  So that is why I am considering the rental for a night plus day(7 pm-5 pm) plus there are cooking facilities, etc available.  The other point being we are not sharing the facility with strangers and the prices seem reasonable on the site.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »
G'day Gray Wolf,

We stayed at a place about two weeks ago for a birthday party, an overnight stay.

http://www.hotspringlaguna.com/

We were at Clark Haven Hot Spring Resort, great place, dunno what it cost as we didn't pay.  The karaoke as usual got a work out and the pool table likewise.

Hope this helps, so many places down that way, stayed at a different one before but it was a bit rundown.

Cheers
Brett.
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:23:45 AM »
G'day Gray Wolf,

We stayed at a place about two weeks ago for a birthday party, an overnight stay.

http://www.hotspringlaguna.com/

We were at Clark Haven Hot Spring Resort, great place, dunno what it cost as we didn't pay.  The karaoke as usual got a work out and the pool table likewise.

Hope this helps, so many places down that way, stayed at a different one before but it was a bit rundown.

Cheers
Brett.

G'Day Brett! Happy to hear from you! Yes, the Clark looks like the style and comforts we'd want, for sure. I'll check out rates and such as we move towards our visit. I'm also going to check into places with single rooms just in case it's an overnighter for just me and my girl and not the whole fam damily.  ;)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 09:24:41 AM »
I just came across the receipt for the rooms that we stayed at in the Laguna area which gave me the name of the resort and so I was able to find the place on the internet. Here is a link. FWIW

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwinds-Resort-Pansol-Laguna/214731011870937

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 04:05:49 AM »
I just came across the receipt for the rooms that we stayed at in the Laguna area which gave me the name of the resort and so I was able to find the place on the internet. Here is a link. FWIW

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwinds-Resort-Pansol-Laguna/214731011870937

Thanks!  :)
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog