Author Topic: Changing money  (Read 3170 times)

Offline macca46

Changing money
« on: May 04, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »
Hi every one I coming from Thailand to live in Toledo City in June this year and I would appreciate it if any could suggest where I can change Thai Baht to Pesos preferably in Toledo or the alternative being Cebu.

Thanks in advance.

macca46 

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Changing money
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »
I do not know about Toledo but the below one in Ayala Cebu City probably would do the exchange, maybe give them a call.
http://panpages.ph/listings/ph500463-core-pacific-money-exchange
Core Pacific Money Exchange in Cebu
Core Pacific Money Exchange
Branch Listing
Level 4, Ayala Center Cebu, Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, 6000, Cebu
Tel 032-415 5253
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:17 PM »
Macca46,

I've not been to Toledo City, but they do have a Gaisano Grand Mall. Most malls have an exchange desk to convert foreign cash to pisos. I would suggest that you obtain the newest, cleanest, largest denomination bills you can for the exchange. Older, worn and lower denomination notes won't get you a good exchange rate, if they accept them at all. When we exchange dollars for pisos we always give them new $100 bills and receive top exchange rate with no questions.

Hope this helps!
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »
Hi every one I coming from Thailand to live in Toledo City in June this year and I would appreciate it if any could suggest where I can change Thai Baht to Pesos preferably in Toledo or the alternative being Cebu.

Thanks in advance.

macca46

Presumably you will only have to do it once. In which case you will do it in Cebu City as you will pass through Cebu City on your way to Toledo City.

I can't guarantee that they will have the best exchange rate on the day but the money changer who consistently offers the best exchange rate for currencies such as AUD, USD, CAD, EURO and GBP, and maybe for Thai Baht, is the money changer inside the Rustans Supermarket on the bottom level of Ayala Mall. Rustans supermarket has multiple entrances. One of those entrances is on C. Rosales Avenue, nearly opposite the HSBC Bank.

By the way, Rustans has many of the items in their supermarket that foreigners seem to need but are not available in other chain supermarkets like Gaisano or SM.

Before you try Rustans though, check the rate at the other half dozen or so money changers in the mall.
I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline macca46

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:29:35 PM »
Thanks for that BJ a big help not only for money but food as well will check it out when I get there.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog