Author Topic: Advance Happy Thanksgiving to all  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Advance Happy Thanksgiving to all
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »
Any of you going out or cooking in for Thanksgiving dinner? The wife and I will be going out since she does not eat turkey, so it would take me too many days to eat a whole bird by myself and I usually like the dark meat part the most, how about you?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Advance Happy Thanksgiving to all
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »
Since it's just the two of us, we'll probably go to Denny's for late lunch at our new Vista Mall just a few blocks away, but will have something else besides Turkey. Not too fond of turkey, except for their roasted Turkey tails.
http://tinyurl.com/zlj4tlb  ??? :o 8) ;)
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:22:45 AM »
Love turkey tails. :D  Gladys and I will have a Butter Ball Turkey breast(from S&R) along with sweet potato casserole, candied carrots, ambrosia salad, mashed potatoes and gravy with a pie for dessert(hopefully pumpkin).

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:39:53 PM »
Heading over to a friend in babon who is American.  He is deep frying 3 turkeys and we are one of the guests bringing side dishes.
That said...a Happy Thanksgving to all my friends who celebrate it here on LitP.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:52:04 PM »
No pumpkin  pie! :( >:(  Got an Apple Walnut Crumble. ;)

Chuck

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »
Love turkey tails. :D  Gladys and I will have a Butter Ball Turkey breast(from S&R) along with sweet potato casserole, candied carrots, ambrosia salad, mashed potatoes and gravy with a pie for dessert(hopefully pumpkin).

Chuck

+1 on the turkey breast! Same here. Picked our up last night. Looks like creamed corn, Filipino macaroni salad (with the fruit and cheese) and the wife said mac-n-cheese, for sides.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
The wife and I went out last night with a friend to Golden Corral, the day before Thanksgiving here, and I had a great drumstick and thigh, they had just put out a new turkey, so that made my tummy happy and gave me my turkey fill for a little while, now we will have to decide what to eat for tonight. Nila and I hope you all are having a wonderful day and that you all will have a fantastic holiday season.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
Didn't make it to Denny's, I spent Thanksgiving not feeling well and stayed in bed all day with aches and pain, but my wife was invited at her friend's Thanksgiving Day Turkey Celebration Pinoy/American style with all the fixings and brought me back some samples this evening. It was great! I'm just thankful for great friends and neighbors in our subdivision.
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 11:52:11 PM »
Didn't make it to Denny's, I spent Thanksgiving not feeling well and stayed in bed all day with aches and pain, but my wife was invited at her friend's Thanksgiving Day Turkey Celebration Pinoy/American style with all the fixings and brought me back some samples this evening. It was great! I'm just thankful for great friends and neighbors in our subdivision.
Hope you feel better. My friend text that he wanted us to go out again today with him again and since he is alone, we will join him for thanksgiving meal and I will get to eat turkey again today, yippee, I really enjoy turkey and do not get to eat it much and besides, I would not want him to be alone on a holiday since he lost his wife a couple of years ago and he is in between gf's..

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday season, cheers...

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
Well we made it through Thanksgiving!  Still have turkey breast for a couple more meals/sandwiches.  Need to make some more mashed potatoes for dinner tonight got gravy leftover. :D  Plenty of ambrosia salad left, made whipped cream from scratch, not cool whip. ;D  Made the sweet potato casserole using violet camote, totally different appearance than normal but same flavor.  Picked up some Italian Panettone at Rustan's Evia just for fun. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Art hoping you feel better today.

Chuck

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:10:19 PM »
Just an after thought my wife(Gladys) has not eaten rice since Wednesday night, this is a record for her.  lol :o  Not even breakfast or lunch today, she had leftovers for lunch, waiting for withdrawal symptoms to appear. ;)

Chuck

Online medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 03:14:58 PM »
Did Thanksgiving in Guam at the brother in laws family compound this year. All I can say is wow. Just one family with their children and their children's was over fifty people. All the usual staples, turkey dressing, steamship round were there and cooked to perfection but it was the so not normal stuff that made it awesome. One family brought a butchered that morning small island deer, another brought a really nice sized tuna and mahi mahi and the pig roasting was slaughtered the night before. Everything was cooked to perfection on location. OMG the dishes that were made with the fish and deer were to die for. I never made it to the turkey. One of the granddaughters is a professional baker by trade and she made all the desserts including pumpkin pies, banana bread, and another pie that I didn't know but is was rockin. It was crazy with the amount of food and drink there but it started at noon and it was still gong pretty strong at midnight. Funny they had music but no karaoke and you did have to yell to talk to someone. Was very very have I said very impressed with the whole set up.

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »
Thanks Chuck, feeling much better today after staying in bed all day yesterday. Anyway, I still had a Thanksgiving meal that my wife brought home yesterday from her friend's invite.
For the past few weeks, I've been fixing things around the house and on my "Little Red" Corolla and I sort of physically over exerted myself and also had a little fall bruising my right knee and right lower rib cage. All is fine though, nothing serious to worry about, I'll be fine in a few more days. It's just hard nowadays to find a good handyman to fix things around the house and on my car, so I was forced to do it all on my own lately. It sure doesn't help my chronic lower back ache and arthritis at all. It sucks getting old! 
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 03:36:42 PM »
Glad you are doing better Art.

Chuck

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 06:33:44 AM »
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Day. Am so envious for those of you who were able to spend the day with friends and family and had sumptuous meal.  :D 

Art, glad you're feeling better. Better take care of those rickety bones.   ::)
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog