Author Topic: You gotta Love the Family???? NOT!!!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Big daddy Ray

• Our Palawan Experience
  • Sr Member
    • Our Palawan Experience
You gotta Love the Family???? NOT!!!
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
A Nice New Years Story With The "Family":
Isn't it nice that during the New Year...some of the kinfolk the Asawa hasn't seen in a year...come in from the province (From in the boon docks. Philippines) and stay a couple of days with us and their kids, 1, 2 and 3 years old..(all.. not a pot to piss in)...then all of a sudden @ 5:00pm on New Year's day...they all pile on the motorcycle...(yes all 5)...for a 4 hour trip back home to the Province. Me.. telling them to wait until tomorrow as it was getting dark...but they insisted they wanted to spend a couple of hours with the other family members at their home before New Year's Day was over...I chuckled a bit and said "ok"...So I gave them 500 pesos..for their trip...which they happily accepted..and off they went...into the evening air...end of story right?...Not quite...
I asked my Asawa "why would they want to leave at almost dark??".."With a 4 hour trip with 3 kids"...on a small motorcycle?....I said..."something is fishy here hon"...She said..."well that's them".....she shrugged it off..
So I started looking around...to see if anything was "missing" or "out of place"...and this is what I found..My sort of new car (11 months old), was parked in the garage...and due to a lack of supervision on the parents part..of the 2 and 3 year old...I found that they had been "playing"...playing with what...you ask??. They both had been playing with a couple of rocks....and.....took a couple of rocks and proceeded to draw pictures and practice their writing skills on both sides of my car...really putting deep scratches in the paint...scribbling "for a while"...including the Chrome, Headlights and tail lights....I know one of the parents seen it...and decided they better leave before I found out...hence their "quick departure..no ...."sorry"...no....."can I help you fix it"....no...."telling the truth"...I know Filipinos hate confrontation...but I would think they would have some freaking balls and at least tell me what happened...no...they just leave without saying thank you for a nice time...or that we fed them and housed them and bought them things while they were here......so another lesson learned for me...today... I am trying to buff out the scratches...(who am I kidding...that ain't gonna buff out)....
So what did the wife say???...not much....other than she was upset at them...but mostly held her head in shame...I told her it's not her fault...I am assuming she will take care of the scolding when she sees them again...which will be "never" for me......They and most of the others are off the "invite list"...from now on....hahaha! Any of you had this type of "stuff" happen to you? I am sure you have some "stories"...hehe!
Meeting the right person as your partner in life that laughs at your farts.... is a blessing!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: You gotta Love the Family???? NOT!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
The poor people were terrified. It was the old fight or flight - with the latter being the only option. I think they reacted in the only way they knew and not from any sense of malice.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: You gotta Love the Family???? NOT!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »
It's death if they get embarrassed or chewed out so ... sounds about right, we always lose no matter what even at the barangay that's where if they've done wrong they are deemed innocent so about the only time they let down their guard down is when confronted by law enforcement and then they play the dummy card.

You are lucky nobody stole anything my in laws steal things, pots, pans, cups, dishes and they take the best they don't take the junky things.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog