Author Topic: Bostonboy Checking in  (Read 1200 times)

Offline bostonboy

Bostonboy Checking in
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:56 AM »
Hello to everyone,
i just wanted to introduce myself to all members,my name is Pete,ive spent 2.5 yrs of my life living all over the phils.,over the course of 15 trips in the last 20 yrs.I am married to a filipina who is from the surigao area.we are planning on returning in a year or so for at least a year or two,maybe forever.I have lived in some pretty remote areas there,hence i know what it is like to be the only westerner in the area,and the need for some buddies to shoot the crap with ! I grew up in the Boston area,but have been living in Louisville,Ky.for the last 25 yrs.The drinking and partying days are way behind me,although an ocassional beer is appreciated...my interests include exercising,martial arts,hanging out.My wife and I are very much looking forward to retiring in the Phils.at some point in the not too distant future,but are a little concerned with the new administration,his apparent disdain of all things american,and whether this attitude is trickling down to the common folk....We would appreciate any feedback on these matters from some ''boots on the ground'',and not just have to rely on what we read online,etc.Anyway,Happy New Year,and we look forward to hearing back from y'all !!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Bostonboy Checking in
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
Hello to everyone,
i just wanted to introduce myself to all members,my name is Pete,ive spent 2.5 yrs of my life living all over the phils.,over the course of 15 trips in the last 20 yrs.I am married to a filipina who is from the surigao area.we are planning on returning in a year or so for at least a year or two,maybe forever.I have lived in some pretty remote areas there,hence i know what it is like to be the only westerner in the area,and the need for some buddies to shoot the crap with ! I grew up in the Boston area,but have been living in Louisville,Ky.for the last 25 yrs.The drinking and partying days are way behind me,although an ocassional beer is appreciated...my interests include exercising,martial arts,hanging out.My wife and I are very much looking forward to retiring in the Phils.at some point in the not too distant future,but are a little concerned with the new administration,his apparent disdain of all things american,and whether this attitude is trickling down to the common folk....We would appreciate any feedback on these matters from some ''boots on the ground'',and not just have to rely on what we read online,etc.Anyway,Happy New Year,and we look forward to hearing back from y'all !!

Welcome to the forum, Happy New year back at you. Good luck with all your plans.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Bostonboy Checking in
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:52 AM »
Welcome Bostonboy.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog