Author Topic: School closed for what?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
School closed for what?
« on: July 21, 2017, 02:50:45 PM »
So, our housekeep/nanny has a daughter that attends the local high school.  The public one.

Anyway, I noticed Irish(the high schooler's name) has been around the house for the first few days of this week and not in school.  So I finally ask why.

The school principle and superintendent have closed school due to kids being possessed. 

Yep.  Demon possessed kids put the fear of god into the public school authorities to the point they called a priest from the local cathedral to come investigate.  The priest got scared and went back saying they needed an exorcist.  The school leaders then closed school until the catholic church could get an exorcist to the school to do his thing.

Today, the school is open and demon free.  YEAH!! LOL

Tina gave me a crazy look as I was laughing as this story is being told to me.  When asked why I told her if that worked in the USA we'd give the class clowns and trouble makers some money to walk in the school and hit the grown twitching until we were given a few days off.  I then learned that this wasn't funny to locals.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:32:57 PM by JoeLP »
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: School closed for what?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
the school is open and demon free.

So the moral is ......  Don't believe in Demons until you see this ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg6pWv1B9L4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg6pWv1B9L4</a>

(Language)

Offline FastWalk

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:32:34 PM »
I then learned that this wasn't funny to locals.  :)

That is an interesting story :)

Everything is possible,  until at some point in life we “learn” that is is not possible.  I still so very clearly remember watching my children watching something in the air close by that I could not see, with smiles and peace until one day they did not see it any longer....  Others have tried very hard to tell me that I did not see them doing any such thing.

<sarcasm>The good news is that we have CNN and schools to teach us what is not possible... </sarcasm>

In the provinces,  I believe not everyone has been educated about what is not possible.
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »
I work with schools and often wonder why they bother opening at all.  :o

Offline HappyBee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
At least in the provinces there is a long list of reasons to cancel classes... The teachers are having a day off, the teachers are going to a fiesta half an hour away, it's the town fiesta (several days off), it's Monday and tomorrow is a public holiday, it's preparation time for graduation, there's a dance practice on for 5 mins of the day, etc etc etc. Any excuse seems to do.

Given the poor level of the education being offered at public schools, you would think the kids need all the time they can get in the classroom...
^^ Just my personal opinion... take it or leave it!

Offline lost_in_samoa

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog