Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Bazzank

Hi Everyone
« on: December 13, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
Iím Barry, in PH at the moment, but moving for good from the UK in several months.  Very few expats appear to live where I plan to move to; Alaminos City, Pangasinan, I like it here, itís very near to 100 Islands with plenty of places to explore.

Iím just going through the motions of applying for the SRRV retirement visa.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 09:05:49 PM »
Iím Barry, in PH at the moment, but moving for good from the UK in several months.  Very few expats appear to live where I plan to move to; Alaminos City, Pangasinan, I like it here, itís very near to 100 Islands with plenty of places to explore.

Barry, welcome to our friendly group. If and when you have time, maybe comment on the process of getting your SRRV in our
Visa Section so others can learn from your process and it would be great to hear more about that area of the Philippines in the proper sections too.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline D. Williams

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:24:24 AM »
Welcome

Offline Travelling Bob

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:48 AM »
Welcome and enjoy

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »
Welcome Barry. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »
Welcome aboard Barry.
Londoner at heart

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
Welcome aboard
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline AggieExPat

• Born in Chicago and Raised in Texas...
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
Welcome to the Phils, Hope you enjoy your stay...
Javi Lopez

Iloilo City, Iloilo

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 04:31:31 AM »
Welcome to the group Barry!
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »

Welcome Barry!

We seem to have a few things in common - both from UK for a start - most here are from USA and ex-mil.

Funnily enough I had earmarked the 100 island area for out "retirement recce" trip in Jan - it looks really nice and you are right, I think it's a less popular area with expats. In the end though we decided to head south this trip and do the Negros circuit. I think on a subsequent trip we will visit 100 island area.

BTW I had been looking into SRRV too - which one were you going for, Classic? Smile?

I have earmarked a trip to the SRRV office in January as I had a few concerns about the visa deposit/visa deposit transfer. If you want to swap notes let me know.

Cheers,
Tony
----

Offline soup464

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »
Welcome

Offline Bazzank

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »
Hi Tony,

Yes, youíre right about having brut expats to compare notes, I have had to Ďsuck it and seeí with most things I needed to know about.

For me, it had to be Alaminos City for my retirement, as my fiancť needs to be near her work. I have to say that Pangasinan has some great beaches and places to visit, well worth looking into for retirement.

I collected my Classic SRRV on Friday, anything you want to know about the visa, just ask, I will be only too happy to oblige.

Regards
Barry

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 10:07:42 PM »
Hi Tony,

Yes, youíre right about having brut expats to compare notes, I have had to Ďsuck it and seeí with most things I needed to know about.

For me, it had to be Alaminos City for my retirement, as my fiancť needs to be near her work. I have to say that Pangasinan has some great beaches and places to visit, well worth looking into for retirement.

I collected my Classic SRRV on Friday, anything you want to know about the visa, just ask, I will be only too happy to oblige.

Regards
Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for that info - always useful to know. Congrats on your SRRV Classic. I will PM you if I get any questions - I am shortly heading to the Philippines and will be visiting PRA so I hope they can clear up any outstanding questions I have.

All the best, and congrats on your retirement to Philippines.

Cheers,
Tony

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog