Author Topic: Walmart2World money transfers  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Walmart2World money transfers
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
A new way to transfer money will be available, does not sound cheap to me, for those of you who use similar services, how does it compare to them in cost?
Walmart takes its money transfer service global
Walmart2Walmart, the U.S.-based platform, allows customers to transfer funds between Walmart locations domestically, sending as much as $2,500 at a time. The new Walmart2World will allow customers to relay funds to people in more than 200 countries.

Walmart2World will charge an individual $4 to send up to $50, $8 to send amounts between $51 and $1,000, and $16 to send $1,001 to $2,500. And unlike some other international transfer services, Walmart's fees will remain the same regardless of where the sender and receiver are located.

Walmart2World also promises delivery of funds in 10 minutes or less, unlike some services that can take as long as three days. MoneyGram's network of agents across the globe will help serve the populations where Walmart doesn't always have a presence.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Walmart2World money transfers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
Without knowing their exchange rates it is hard to compare.  Transferwise which I use is about a 1% cost that includes both the fee and XE rate difference when deposited to my local Php account.  Transaction time was 7 hours last Friday(banks closed here). 

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »
My thoughts are, if they will transfer dollars to a dollar account, then the only fee will be the one fee charged, I guess we will have to see once someone else or we uses them.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
Transferwise which I use is about a 1% cost that includes both the fee and XE rate difference when deposited to my local Php account.  Transaction time was 7 hours last Friday(banks closed here). 

Chuck
Transfer Wise works for me too. 2 hrs is the shortest time my transfer deposited into our PhP account at a good conversion rate and service fee. So no reason for me to look elsewhere to transfer money from my U.S. bank into our PhP account. No need to fix what ain't broke.
I know others have better money management and transfer services, but I'm ok with mine. Changing things now is just not what I want do. I prefer banking locally where other banks are just far too few and far in between.
I've been with my U.S. bank since 1967 at age 19 when I joined the military. Our local BPI bank we've had for 20 yrs now and is just walking distance from where we live and there are half a dozen other branches within a 2 to 5 mile radius. I just like the long time reliable service they have provided all these years.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »
Opened my account 45 years ago and one month in '73.  Their checks work fine for my transfers.  My first bank I opened my account in in '65 at 12 but I closed it when I had to change states.
Whatever floats your boat.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog