Author Topic: Why can't many Philippine govt offices do things correctly?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
I keep reading about drivers licenses, no plastic, so not issued sometimes for years, license plates take many months to get, a friend bought a new motorcycle and it took him over 6 months to get his license plates and he is Filipinos, how much longer had it been an expat, ACR cards, I keep reading on here how some paid yet never got them, isn't it about time that the president of the Philippines cleans up the mess in his govt offices, why should those who live in the Philippines be inconvenienced over and over again instead of the govt fixing the problems.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
Re: Why can't many Philippine govt offices do things correctly?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:18:29 AM »
Here's one for you. 3 yrs ago (2015), I paid for new plates. Mind you this was mandatory not optional. It is now 2018 and I still have no plates. Myrlita asked them when will they arrive? They said don't know. She asked for a refund since it is 3 yrs later. They told her they don't give refunds. A legal scam.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:18:27 AM »
What's the cost of fixing this corruption? 

That's the key question I believe.  I think Duterte bit off more than he can chew and realized that when he took office.  I don't think he has enough money at his disposal to get all the corruption that has built up over decades removed in his 6 years due to lack of funds to do all that would have to happen to clean up something as simple as just the ACR I-Cards, plastic form of driver's licenses or license plates for the cars/bikes. 

The longer and longer I live here the more and more I see the issue for most problems being formed at the local level.  I have done some checks on my credit just to make sure no one has taken my plastic license and used it for credit cards or something.  There could be someone trying to use it to get to the USA saying they are me, but that will fail big time...I think.  Between having to try and get a passport that will pass muster and then the fact that my file in the system shows my face and not some smaller brown dudes face. 

That said, God only knows why these people do half the stuff they do when it comes to some of these things.  But I am very confident that when August comes, I'll be renewing my driver's license using the "paper license" and receipt because I still won't have received my plastic one.  And that I think disappeared somewhere local, not in Manila.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »
I read yesterday that the license plates for Jun-Sep 2016 will be released starting in Jul.   :o  Hopefully mine will be in the next batch, even though I bought the vehicle in Jul 2016.  My actual license number is different than the temporary I was issued since the LTO says they did not receive the transaction til Oct 2016.  Took about 8 months to get plastic DL.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »
Chuck, I performed my annual car registration in May and I've been waiting for those new plates since 2014 so I don't see how they can release 2016 plates before the previous years? 

Got my new drivers license renewal last year and was told to keep calling for my plastic card and then the number was unlisted so I went in months later to pick up my plastic license only to be told to register to have my drivers license issued in plastic so I'm scheduled for late October, I'll bet that will change also.

I don't mind carrying around a paper copy but here's the problem I need an ID and a valid ID when I do my annual check in with the PBI Satellite Office up in Sta Rosa Laguna, so all of my ID's from the states are expired I've been here a very long time and they didn't seem to like my postal ID either as a valid ID and when I said all I have is my paper drivers license copy they got a little touchy.  I do have my retired military ID card but I don't want to leave that with anyone, I couldn't imagine what I'd have to go through to get that replaced if lost.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:13:22 AM »
Plastic driver's licenses are now available for new issues, renewals and conversions.  I got a plastic driver's license the same day I did my renewal in May 2018.  I don't know if they are issuing plastic licenses to replace the paper licenses.

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
Here's one for you. 3 yrs ago (2015), I paid for new plates. Mind you this was mandatory not optional. It is now 2018 and I still have no plates. Myrlita asked them when will they arrive? They said don't know. She asked for a refund since it is 3 yrs later. They told her they don't give refunds. A legal scam.
same here, 3 years now and no license plates.  I have stopped asking.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
I don't care anymore as long my vehicles are registered and have my LTO official receipts for next year and so on. I do have my plastic driver license, but only good for 3 years since I didn't make their cutoff date.
My SRRV I.D. card is due for renewal next month after 3 years. No more going into a BI office ever again!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:26:35 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
When we bought our vehicles about 6 months ago, both were delivered with number plates.  Also my DL which was issued last month is plastic.
Wish I had the same luck with my ACR Card.
Londoner at heart

Offline Sam218

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:14 AM »
I keep reading about drivers licenses, no plastic, so not issued sometimes for years, license plates take many months to get, a friend bought a new motorcycle and it took him over 6 months to get his license plates and he is Filipinos, how much longer had it been an expat, ACR cards, I keep reading on here how some paid yet never got them, isn't it about time that the president of the Philippines cleans up the mess in his govt offices, why should those who live in the Philippines be inconvenienced over and over again instead of the govt fixing the problems.

Apparently, the president has priorities other than cleaning up the mess in the government offices. You'll be too lucky if you are able to get your papers and licenses processed immediately.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:51:00 AM »
When we bought our vehicles about 6 months ago, both were delivered with number plates.  Also my DL which was issued last month is plastic.
Wish I had the same luck with my ACR Card.

Update....plastic ACR Card issued end of June.
Londoner at heart

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog