Author Topic: Left Scratching My Head!  (Read 1814 times)

Offline User444

• Sr Member
Re: Left Scratching My Head!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »
I went to the SM mall to pay my Meralco electricity bill. It was 2,100 p. I first went to the local Bayad center in my condo complex but they had a sign up saying that the internet was down and they couldn't process it. I asked them if it would be working the next day. They said yes. I went back the next day and it's closed and the sign is still up. So I went to SM. I go to the payment center and the lady says I can't pay the bill because I have an 8 peso payment I didn't pay last month. So you can't just take my 2,108 p and call it good? You're going to reject a 2,100 p payment because of an unpaid 8 p from last month? That makes total sense. Left scratching my head.

Offline Mannymalistic

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
I believe that when most line employees are hired, they are expected to follow the menu to the letter. Critical thinking, proactive solution formulation and execution is not part of the training nor is it encouraged in the retail and food industries. The business formula for profit has been set in stone by upper management or the owners and any alteration of that formula is an executive decision.  Should that decision be done autonomously by any server, chef or manager and results in perceived disobedience or loss of profit by upper management, severe reprimand or loss of employment will likely be the end result hence the fear of independent thinking. It is often safer for the employee to just say "out of stock sir" instead of finding a solution that would convey actual customer service.  The concept of loss of sales due to product unavailability or responsive customer service is lost on them as it is not understood or just not their concern at their paygrade.

Offline BC57

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 09:08:08 PM »
I went into a Greenwich pizza restaurant and asked them to not put bacon on the pizza as we were ordering the all meat pizza, and I got a 'NO'. I asked the cashier why can't they just not put bacon on the pizza and she couldn't answer. My wife just laughed, and I shook my head. Luckily now we have a brand new Pizza Hut in town so no need to visit Greenwich anymore. :)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog